Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a free oil change on my bitrhday today,so i went to rameys in richlands va an they checked everything an then came the oil change.good.not so good cause the guy came out to the waiting room an told me they stripped the drain plug,****.then after that i had to pay 5 bucks for the plug.hell i figures they would have to pay for it cause they stripped it, on the way home the cars steering wheel started vibrating,they didnt tightin the front d/side lugs to good an used reg pennzoil in which i didnt know they was goin to use an was charged for the plug.that goes to show,nothing is free an always if u can,diy lol

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but if they stripped the threads of the bolt,wouldnt it hurt the inner threads on the hole

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
yeah ive worked at a dealership. If we did anything to a customers car then we payed to fix it and you'd get bitched at by the manager and stuff but the dealership really should of payed for what they did. thats wrong. You should of complained specially since that wasn't the only thing they ****ed up. Fill out one of their survey sheets haha the manager will definitely get a little talking to haha.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i did complain,for about 15 mins an then they told me to leave,so i asked for the service manager,an talked to him for about 10 mins an i told him when ur bolt starts to strip out it gets real tight,that should have told him to back out,but he didnt so i continued on till he asked me to leave before he called the cops,i think this was wrong as hell,i just hope my dam oil pan doesnt start dripping around the bolt now

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im just glad me dam tire didnt fall off,i checked my oil also just to be sure they put it in,the bad part is ,this is a big ass company,they have several dealerships in va,wv an tennesee u would think they could have backed it up

·
Registered
400 Posts
The owner. My dad owns a food chain and as much as he doesnt like to hear about problems he needs to. You never want to lose business. The customer is always right. It is easier to keep a customer than to get a new one. The last thing any business owner wants to hear is a problem with their company. I can't believe they said they would call the cops. Did you have to sign anything saying that they are not liable for damages?

·
Registered
400 Posts
There are plenty of people above the service manager if you cant get the owner too. Try talking to the GM.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
well i did complain,for about 15 mins an then they told me to leave,so i asked for the service manager,an talked to him for about 10 mins an i told him when ur bolt starts to strip out it gets real tight,that should have told him to back out,but he didnt so i continued on till he asked me to leave before he called the cops,i think this was wrong as hell,i just hope my dam oil pan doesnt start dripping around the bolt now

Well not sure what to tell you. we have had people come in just like you and complain to our service manager and **** like that and sometimes we said we were sorry and we gave them a free oil change or discounts etc if they were really kind and understanding and we would be more then happy to try and satisfy them. And then when we came across people who just had an attitude or who were complaining about something that was just B.S then we would tell them to GTFO. But in your situation i think you have a right to complain. If you kept your temper then i dont see why they would shew you away. Try calling the owners of the dealership maybe. I mean i know you should probably just forgive and forget but i mean they messed up your car and you had to pay for it. its just the principal of the situation.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
someone would have been buying me a new oil pan or taking a mustang up the ass

·
Registered
400 Posts
someone would have been buying me a new oil pan or taking a mustang up the ass
Ha I dont know many places that would give you a new oil pan, but hey if you can get that out of them go for it. Sounds like the people there are dicks. I hope you dont go back to them anymore.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Call the local better business bureau and complain about the dealership. That will scare the hell out of them because an unfavorable rating with city better business bureau is really bad for their company. I think you have the right to get mad but threatening to injure someone or screaming bloody murder and they do have the right to call the cops

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i tried everything i knew to do but i guess the srvice manager was taking up for his guys or something,an yeah i wont go back to them for anything,im goin to look under the car today to see if its leaking or not.hope it isnt,hope it didnt screw my oil pan up also.but when he said he would call the cops i was like,im just trying to get a answer to why u wont pay for the plug that u messed up an he said he didnt have to answer no more of my questions,this was b.s

1 - 20 of 35 Posts