Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i was just wondering if anyone else's ebrake started to stick. I went to take my car to school today and noticed my ebrake was sticking so i found a ride.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
what do you mean sticking. like it wont go down or it feels like its still engaged when you put the handle down?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is still engaged when i put it down.

·
MM's Resident Muffler Shop
3,048 Posts
I'm assuming it was under 40 degrees where you are last night. Our Ebrakes stick when the weather drops below 40. I'd find some place to park where you won't have to use it. Had this happen to me once last year and it made for a shitty morning

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it was. Damn man thanks for telling me that.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
ive never had that problem. :dunno

·
3,048 Posts
yeah it was. Damn man thanks for telling me that.
NP. I had to do some research on it. It has something to do w/ the lines ford uses. Even if you take it to a dealer and make them change em, it'll still eventually happen again

ive never had that problem. :dunno
Oh you will. I got the car in Feb. of last year and I didn't have a problem with it until the begining of this year

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
eh maybe

·
3,048 Posts
When did they make it one? When I was checking at the begining on the year I never saw it. And every post I could dig up using google said that this problem will just happen again if you do have them "fix" it

Oh, and I'm not doubting you Zip, just curious :)

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
When did they make it one? When I was checking at the begining on the year I never saw it. And every post I could dig up using google said that this problem will just happen again if you do have them "fix" it

Oh, and I'm not doubting you Zip, just curious :)
I don't remember when. Quite a while ago. 2007?

·
3,048 Posts
Thanks Zip. I guess mine had been taken care of before I got it. I don't have that as an outstanding TSB on my MyFord page. Too bad it still sticks though :mad:

·
3,048 Posts
If I wanted to know how you get your fist out of GTsetGO's ass I would have asked. Now how do I keep the brake from sticking?!

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Ive had my car since 06 and never had this issue....

·
Registered
103 Posts
it's a TSB but the dealer still wanted $$ to change it over, basically the rubber boots that cover the lines breakdown fairly easy causing condensation or water to get in there and when temps drop, they freeze and cause your brakes to stick until they heat up enough to not stick.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts