Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It really is a stupid question. Do any of your transmissions slip when you have the heat or a/c on? Mine did it earlier twice while my heat was on. But when I turned my heat off I tried to get it to slip again but it wouldn't. So I figured I would ask so I know if i should prepare for a new transmission.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
nope...can't say mine has ever done that..i'd pour some non-slip in there and see how that goes....lucas can do some great things :yes

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
I think it's a legitimate question...

I would go out and try it a few times in both situations again. I'm thinking it is just in your head :dunno

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's def not in my head. I slowed down to take a turn. When I started to try and accelerate my rpm's went up but my speed didn't. Then I heard a clunk and my transmission caught itself and I started to accelerate.

·
Registered
52 Posts
yea its happened to me it just revs and car dont move only when its real hot outside and i have the ac full blast

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hm alright, makes more sense to me now. Except I had the heat on the first setting. It wasn't blasting. But when I put it on the setting where it blows at the windshield and my feet it doesn't happen, but when it's just on the main vents it happens.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts