Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
thats sad... but that pisses me off where they say teenagers and cars dont mix.im 17 and i get a bunch of **** for having a v8 at my age and it gets old. not every teenager drives that dumb ^ what a waste of a beautiful car

·
Buy American or GTFO
515 Posts
Such a waste... I took get **** from family about my v8. I just turned 17 and they find it incredible that I have a v8 Mustang. Teens who actually care about their cars treat them well...

·
Registered
450 Posts
^^ exactly.. a cop told my mom.. "what are you thinking giving your 16 y.o son a suped up muscle car" i almost flipped ****

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
hey sonic and ethan im with you, im the same age and got the same thing but those kids seemed in need of some attention and a good time

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Im 17 aswell. When i got the car at 16 my dad was told by his freinds that the mustang would be the death of me.

After $5k worth of mods I take very good care of my stang. I dont do (to much) dumb **** in it.

I feel alot safer in my car though, cause if that thing can go through a brick wall and jump over a pool then into a house and only get a broken leg. DAMN thats a safe car.

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
i had a v8 truck for my first vehical, all my other cars have been v8s except one, and i was 18 when i had my first mustang. i drove pretty wild, just not often, and only in well know places, its not the age its the person. and the upbringing

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm 20 and my first car was my stang, I wasn't meaning to point out that kids shouldn't have mustangs, more just the fact of how stupidity could ruin such a beautiful machine...I couldn't count the number of kids I saw at high school that would ruin their parents beemers/mercedes/jags and then act like it was no big deal, yet all the kids I hung around with would have 10-15 year old chevy's and fords that they poured their hearts and souls into and could drive circles around the stuck up rich kids. It's all maturity levels.

·
Registered
450 Posts
yeah people at school are like so you got a mustang? yeah i do.. what year? a 1998.. DANG thats old! just cause i know about cars and dont drive a $ 25,000 bmw for a first car doesnt make you better than me lol. there are a couple of kids at my school who have really nice muscle cars. theres an 03 cobra and a new srt8 charger, a bullitt and a mach 1 and my car. every thing else = daddies bmw

·
Registered
697 Posts
i dont think its a real saleen because the tail light covers matched, either that or its a saleen with painted tail light covers, either way sucks to see a mustang get wrecked like that. Yea im only 19 and i understand both sides, maybe a kid shouldnt start driving in something powerful like a v8 mustang but then again if your child is mature and responsible and thats what they want and they save up and work for it they should be allowed to have it. Thats why if i ever have a son, hes gonna start in a 4 cyl fox body and then we can do a v8 swap together when hes ready lol

·
FucusRuckus
1,670 Posts
:( i was around 65 mustangs, an MGB with a 289, boats with 454's growing up, it was hard to settle for a 2wd work truck white f150. but it made me work towards getting my own mustang, and appreciate it a lot more

1 - 18 of 18 Posts