Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do some upgrading and stiffening to the suspension and car.

What brands do you all have and whats your experiences with them?

·
_
3,782 Posts
Obviously MM FLSFC, and control arms are tricky as far as picking. Their are tons out thier. Every brand is practiacally the same, what really makes the differance is build, and bushings.

For instance, you can have a solid LCA with a spcherical bushing and solid opposite end. That would be uber grippy and str8 but loud and rough on a DD. I would suggest spherical bushing and urethane bushing on opposite end until your car starts doing 12's.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Obviously MM FLSFC, and control arms are tricky as far as picking. Their are tons out thier. Every brand is practiacally the same, what really makes the differance is build, and bushings.

For instance, you can have a solid LCA with a spcherical bushing and solid opposite end. That would be uber grippy and str8 but loud and rough on a DD. I would suggest spherical bushing and urethane bushing on opposite end until your car starts doing 12's.
sounds pretty good. But ny car is already running low 11's. Will be running 10's by July. Thats why I was trying to figure out what I want to do :)

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Mustang.... just avoid a solid-bushed UCA at ALL COSTS!

If you are DD with MODERATE twisties.... a adjustable spherical-bushed UCA is gonna be a good option for you. As for which one, this depends on how serious the desire for 1/4 mile and, more importantly, the GRIP you have off the line.

Jazzer :)

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
I would go with MM FLSFC...I had bluoval SFC's on my car and they sucked dick...

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Get the laurelmountainmustang sfc's there only $like 80, come with all hard ware and are full length. I have them and anyone that has had them likes them. I would get a solid/spherical lca's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts