Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so how many of you have these? I see a set of Maximum Motorsport XL full subframe connectors that i want to buy. Does anyone know if these are worth my money or not? Like with any other part, i dont want to get scamed on cheasy manufacturing. Any opinions would be great. thanks

·
Registered
600 Posts
maximum motorsports is a good brand..they're pretty much all the same they're just square tubing you could make them yourself and weld them in if you wanted

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true true. ive never seen them in person, are they bent in any area or i can just get square tubing from the local metal shop?

·
Registered
600 Posts
they're straight, and you would want to make sure you get some tubing with thick walls. I plan on making my own and actually bracing them together. You would also want to make sure you get about the right length.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i have the BBK's welded on and they make a nice difference in many areas, launching, ride quality, etc. I can put a jack behind the front wheel and pick up the entire side of the car

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
The MM subframes do have a bend in them as well as a bracket that screws into the seat bolts. They are the best bang for the buck if you ask me. It will make the entire car feel stiffer and handle better. You can make your own if you are good with metal, but the MM subs will make the job a lot easier. It should be the first mod for these cars.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Subframes are the best bang for the buck suspension mod. just be sure to get full length ones. I run the Steeda ones and I was happy with the quality and fitment, plus they help strenghten the torque boxes

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the insite.... i got a couple weeks left till i get home from Iraq so they'll be on quick. Its weird how so many people say make this your first mod, but yet i havent seen these on very many cars at all. Anyways, thanks again fellas'

·
Registered
600 Posts
Thanks for the insite.... i got a couple weeks left till i get home from Iraq so they'll be on quick. Its weird how so many people say make this your first mod, but yet i havent seen these on very many cars at all. Anyways, thanks again fellas'
thats because not many are smart enough to see that these cars cant put the HP they have to the ground stock, not even the NPI's so they skip suspension which should really be done before any engine mods. I guess people really dont like tires.

PS thanks for serving :usa

1 - 12 of 12 Posts