Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt want to take over the other thread but i have some subframes that i need to get on..they are full lenght but they are the welded kind...any adv over the bolted on kind vs welded. I would assume that anything welded is better and stronger..right?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
no expert but i have heard the weld in ones are infinately better...plus the install isnt bad

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
If you put in a reinforcement plate on the inside of the car and bolt em in they are pretty damn sturdy. But I agree the weld in ones are better. Are you doing it yourself? If so weld up your torque boxes while you are under there.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I am not sure, I have been welding for years so I do my own. I wouldn't think it would cost that much. Just make sure it is done right, and in the right places.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There is a huge advantage between bolt on and weld on if your going to put bolt on ons on just dont put on any at all. Weld on ones hold much tighter and bolt on ones are useless.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i was able to tell a big difference in cornering in my car after the sfc's. not to big of a deal for the strait line, but great in the hard corners.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Yes you dont notice them much at all in a straight line but I can take corners so much better now I get little to no body roll

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i would recommend subframes as one of the first mods to do...

made the ride quality a little bit better and i can stick a jack under the front of the car and the rear will come up also

·
Registered
428 Posts
Subframes will be good for straight line racing as well. If you are making a good amount of power it will keep the body of your car from permanently twisting out of shape. That way you arent driving around with big gaps between your doors and fenders.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had full length MM SFC's welded in a couple of years back. Took it to a muffler shop and they charged $60. Like everyone said, huge difference in cornering.

Make sure when they get welded in that the vehicle is on a lift that supports the entire vehicle, not just the frame with the tires hanging. This is very important.

·
Banned
848 Posts
I had full length MM SFC's welded in a couple of years back. Took it to a muffler shop and they charged $60. Like everyone said, huge difference in cornering.

Make sure when they get welded in that the vehicle is on a lift that supports the entire vehicle, not just the frame with the tires hanging. This is very important.

60!?? A shop out here was trying to charge 120 for the weld. hmmmm...In other words make sure the body is aligned and there isnt an offset in weight from either front or back? I'd like more info on this please.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
its the box area to where the lower control arms are mount in. if the car has been abused badly, they will be messed up. mine were and took a few hours to fix, then doc welded them up for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts