Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im looking at getting subs for my car. I would like to hear opinions how many i should get, what kind, and the best place to put them in my car. Reps given

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
I personally use JL's and have been for years, but there are many great brands out there.. As far as how many it depends on exactly what you are trying to do and the budget at which you are trying to do it with. i would suggest going to different shops to hear different selections and see which one you like. best place for subs are in the trunk unless you plan on doing deleting your rear seat and do a cut out for free air subs.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
alpine here,i have 1 12" type r but i will be adding another 12"
facing the trunk
1 12 is plenty .but i just like alot of bass

·
Registered
161 Posts
i have a 10 jl w6 right now. its ok but its alittle dirty for my taste. im going with an RE SE10. from what ive heard should be a cleaner sound.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
1 JL W7, Infinity Kappa Perfect Speakers, and Infinity Amp.

:2cents

·
Registered
415 Posts
i deal with nothing but undergroung car audio it might be lil more then what u would pay at best buy or something but u r gonna be suprice of quality of them if ya looking to do anything like that hit me up i can get u prety much anything

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
budget prolly like 300 bucks or so nothing above 500 and thanks for the info:yes

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
at that price your best bet would be to go to your local car audio shops and see what they have for bass packages.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
From my experience the Kicker Comp VR line is an amazing sub. I have had two 12" CompVRs running 100watts over RMS for close to 4 years now. Alpine amps are very high quality as well and have lasted me a loooong time.

"Bass Packages" are ok... but normally you get no where near the power the subs are able to push. The Amps in these packages are normally way below the subs to keep cost down. That plus the wire they use is normally sub par.

Check out places like Ebay, Amazon, Sonic Electronix (great prices, horrible shipping cost), ect. and look around, read up on some stuff, and get a feel for where you want to go.

I found this for you, amazing price if you ask me:

Amazon.com: Kicker CompVR 07DCVR122 2-Ohm 2 Subwoofers In-Vent Box: Electronics

Thats 2 12" DVC 2-ohm subs in a perfectly matched Vented (and good looking) box for $260 shipped

You could get just the subs:

Amazon.com: Kicker CompVR 07CVR122 12-Inch 2-Ohm DVC Subwoofer: Electronics

Total around $175 for two shipped.

Alpine amp that does 1000watts x1 @ 2ohms (great match):

Amazon.com: Alpine MRP-M1000 - Amplifier - 1-channel: Electronics

$270 total.

May reach the $500 price range you mentioned... but trust me... That Kicker/Alpine combo will give you plenty of bass for anything.

You could cut down on the cost as well and just go with one sub and a cheaper half power amp if you just want "some" bass and not trunk ratteling bass.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jl here and love them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
JL, Alpine, Kicker, Fi Car Audio, Resonant Engineering, Digital Designs, Diamond Audio, Focal

I have some CVR's right now and love them :) I am very impressed with them in every aspect

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have been a JL guy for years subs wise, alpine is a great product too, JL W3's or Alpine Type R's are great subs for a decent price. go to a local dealer and talk with them, thats how I learned almost everything

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been a JL guy for years subs wise, alpine is a great product too, JL W3's or Alpine Type R's are great subs for a decent price. go to a local dealer and talk with them, thats how I learned almost everything
Make sure you shop around though. You are at the mercy of the dealer if you don't know better.

The ones that seem the most knowledgeable and professional will most likely be there to help you if something goes wrong

·
Registered
812 Posts
lol, doug you ***, lay off, just cuz I have a life dont mean that im a moron :p

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Children. Quit fighting! lol

Molitor, pics of your sis or ban!

OP, I am partial to just my 1 10" Alpine TypeS in a ported box. Plenty of bass for me and that is in a convertible.

·
Registered
812 Posts
how thw hell did he get to you M.P.?!

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Who?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.