Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to my local strip last night to get some basline runs on my 08 GT. Now I wanted to run the car just as it is when I drive it everyday (87 octane, full press. in tires, spare in trunk, half tank of gas etc.). I'm lowered, flowmasters, K&N drop in filter, that's it. My first run me and another stang were the FIRST cars to run down the strip. Got the tower lane. Dropped the clutch at 3K and new this run was going to be **** as I'm trying to control the wheelspin. 60ft - 2.907; 1/8th - [email protected] and 1/4 - [email protected]. Next run, spin the wheels a little to clean them off, same lane, launched a little lower rpm, traction problems again 60ft - 2.47 1/8th [email protected] and 1/4 - [email protected]. 3rd run I say screw it, heat up the tires, I get the other lane this time. I decide to launch of idle. I hook real good this time, but i bog 60ft - 2.27 1/8th [email protected]???mph and 1/4 - [email protected]. Last run I'm thinking the track is tacking up and the air is getting colder. So I heat up the tires. I get the tower lane this time. I launch at 2500-3000 rpm. Here comes another crappy run as the tires go to spinnin again; 60ft - 2.59; 1/8th - [email protected] 1/4 - [email protected]. I quit because I didn't feel like beating my car anymore. I'm no newbie at the dragstrip, it's just been about 12 years since I raced last. My reaction times were no slower than .200. I didn't powershift and I forgot about slipping the clutch. But I was still expecting a better trap speed. I'm wondering now that even with good tires this car isn't capable of 13's. Now maybe lowering the car made it suffer because I don't get as good of weight transfer, but still It's a 5spd w/ 3.55's???. This is carolina dragway in Jackson, SC (350ft above sea level) BTW Nice night about 70deg. Oh well looks like I got a lotta work ahead of me.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Maybe you need a little more seat time. Were there any other new mustangs running and if so what were their times? Could have also been track conditions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts