Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Need more wallet filler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have put too many things on at once but when i get on the gas there is a sucking sound is this normal? I have a SR intake and a 78mm BBK. I'm gonna try to get a video of this in the next couple of hours if it will do it while sitting still. (we got snow today)

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Is it a whistle? Most likely its the plenum, its pretty normal.

·
Need more wallet filler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Cool yeah it’s kinda like a whistle!

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
It's most likely the high flow filter without a shroud. If you like the whistle you should hear a ProCharger suck air. It whistles loud and clear.

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
Sounds like your experiencing some awesomeness from your upgrades Lol.. Enjoy it

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
My airaid intake whistles and whooshes like crazy versus my in fender set up by Sr performance. Also when you hit the gas the whoosh sound in so much louder.

Had to get away from the in fender set up. A puddle almost made me stall out plus I'm lowered.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
One thing I did do is put a amsoil filter on the kit when I had it. I like dry flow filters and the stock filter that came with the kit was so tiny. I have a bbk and Spectre filter for it too.

Bbk was before the dry flow. Spectre was when I serviced the bbk and forgot to install it. I had an oh **** moment 30 miles from home and stopped into an Auto zone. That was fun to install on a lowered car in the Florida sun parking lot.

·
Need more wallet filler
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i'm thinking of cutting the SR right after the MAF and making it so the filter sits in the corner under the hood

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Had to get away from the in fender set up. A puddle almost made me stall out plus I'm lowered.
The fender air filter is suppose to get cooler air into the motor, thus letter the motor make more power. That's fine for a sun shiny day driver but around here we get rain, sometimes a lot of rain at one time. My ProCharger air filter on the passenger side under the hood at radiator level. I was taking my normal route home on a county road and went to a puddle so deep that it leaked in on the carpet under the doors. Water splashed over the the top of the windshield. It also went into the engine compartment where the supercharger sucked it in. Water went through the supercharger, through the intercooler and fouled the MAF. The would barely run until the MAF was cleaned. If the MAF had been in the fender well I am absolutely sure that I would have hydrolocked the motor.

A member of this forum did exactly that. Water does not compress. If it gets into the combustion chamber the result is bent and broken connecting rods. Because of that I do not recommend fender well cold air intakes in areas that get a lot of rain.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
The fender air filter is suppose to get cooler air into the motor, thus letter the motor make more power. That's fine for a sun shiny day driver but around here we get rain, sometimes a lot of rain at one time. My ProCharger air filter on the passenger side under the hood at radiator level. I was taking my normal route home on a county road and went to a puddle so deep that it leaked in on the carpet under the doors. Water splashed over the the top of the windshield. It also went into the engine compartment where the supercharger sucked it in. Water went through the supercharger, through the intercooler and fouled the MAF. The would barely run until the MAF was cleaned. If the MAF had been in the fender well I am absolutely sure that I would have hydrolocked the motor.

A member of this forum did exactly that. Water does not compress. If it gets into the combustion chamber the result is bent and broken connecting rods. Because of that I do not recommend fender well cold air intakes in areas that get a lot of rain.
This is what happened to me minus the hydrolock. In Florida we get insane amounts of rain in the summer. After that puddle instance I said nope....got to go. My car died and I thought I hydrolocked it. It sputtered and threw a fit on the way home that day. Got home, dryed the air filter and cleaned the maf. Waited 2 days and started the car...ran fine. After that I refuse to have to avoid puddles. Not only is it inconvenient but dangerous. If I'm cruising in traffic I shouldn't have to swerve around puddles like it's a deer in the road. I made the 150 dollar investment (bought it used on amazon) and I'm good now. I'll never recommend the in fender cai to anyone. Ess if you're lowered.

Now how do I avoid random trash and bricks in the road from hitting my exhaust on a lowered car?

Literally there was the wire in a fake wreath that hooked to my exhaust. That was a embarrassing ride home. Made a ton of noise. Next was half a Brick in the road. Banged and clunked everything under my car.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Yeah i'm thinking of cutting the SR right after the MAF and making it so the filter sits in the corner under the hood
I like my airraid kit because it has the heat shield. It's a well made kit. Plus the intake tube is plastic versus metal. I can touch the tube after driving. The SR kit was scolding hot.

I lucked out and got it used on amazon. It was certified renewed so it came with a new filter. To boot it's a dry flow filter so I never have to worry about oiling. I scored it for 150. I'd never pay full price for it which is 265. The intake tube had a scratch on it but besides that it was flawless. It did come with the wrong coupling for the maf to intake tube so tack on 15 bucks. Other then that...good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts