Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright guys, here's the deal:

I am piecing together my build on paper and ordering parts so when I get back from this deployment, I can start on it. Here's what I have currently:

91 LX hatch, AOD
BBK CAI
C&L 76mm MAF
75MM TB & EGR
BBK Shorties & O/R H-Pipe
Flowmasters
Smog Pump Deleted
17x9 Cobra R's (don't remember exact tire measurment, 9"wide in FR, 10.5" in rear)
Eibach Pro-Spring Kit
KYB GR2's

Here's What I have ordered and waiting for me at home thus far:

AOD to T-5 swap kit
Pro 5.0 shifter
ACT clutch
Billet Flywheel
Billet alum clutch quadrant
FRPP 3.55 gears w/ New Bearings ect.
Newish Traction-Lok
MM Full Length Subs
New Paint Job w/ Cervinis 2.5" Cobra R Hood

Here's what I plan to get within a month or so of being home:
MM Coilover Kit w/ Bilstein HD's
MM UCA's & LCA's
Eibach Anti-Roll/ Anti-Sway bar kit
Torque Box Reinforcement

I'm trying to get my suspension and a little bit of my drivetrain hooked up before any motor mods. Any suggestions? What am I missing?

·
Registered
42 Posts
are you going to do anything with the suspension up front? k-member? a-arms? coilovers?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'll be doing coil overs all the way around when I do it. Should I do the A-arms at the same time? As far as a K member goes, I'm going to wait to do that for a while.

And I forgot to mention, I already have CC plates.

Also, I forgot to ask; What do you guys think about Griggs products? I have read some great things about them. What about Griggs coilovers instead of MM? Opinions?

·
Registered
519 Posts
dont waste your money with the smog pump delete. just take it off and run a shorter belt

·
Registered
852 Posts
never heard of Griggs... Don't be silly get that stock k-member out of there ASAP, especially with all the susp mods you have listed it just doesn't make sense not to get one. IMO

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
never heard of Griggs... Don't be silly get that stock k-member out of there ASAP, especially with all the susp mods you have listed it just doesn't make sense not to get one. IMO

The only reason I'm waiting to do it is because I live in an apartment and I don't really have a place to swap it, unless its something I can start in the morning and be finished with in time to drive it home that day. If that's the case, there's a shop on base that I usually use to perform maintnence and **** on my car. Its my DD

·
Registered
852 Posts
ahh, I understand... well it could be done in a day, depending on how used to your car you are, like how mechanically inclined you are?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahh, I understand... well it could be done in a day, depending on how used to your car you are, like how mechanically inclined you are?
I feel pretty comfortable turning wrenches on my car. Everything that's already on my car I put on, but then again its all the easy **** too.

·
Registered
852 Posts
yeah, it's really not that bad but if I only had a day and wasn't sure if I would be able to finish, I wouldn't do it. Or atleast I would wait until I had more time(like a weekend).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, it's really not that bad but if I only had a day and wasn't sure if I would be able to finish, I wouldn't do it. Or atleast I would wait until I had more time(like a weekend).

Definitely. Well, do you think it would be better for me to order one of the kits that has the K member + coilovers and control arms, ect ect and wait until I could do it all at once?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
i think it would be easier that way, again look at AJE and Team Z

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Griggs is a very good company and aside mm really pioneered the market. They aren't the cheapest by far but they are top notch from what i've seen.

Maximum motorsports is as good as you can get yes but up there in cost and are the heaviest of all k members but most durable. If the car is going to be a 1/4 mile car then look towards the team z, aje, qa1 or upr k members

qa1 and upr both allow you to reuse the stock a arms

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
but most people who buy the k member buy the a arms

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Griggs is a very good company and aside mm really pioneered the market. They aren't the cheapest by far but they are top notch from what i've seen.

Maximum motorsports is as good as you can get yes but up there in cost and are the heaviest of all k members but most durable. If the car is going to be a 1/4 mile car then look towards the team z, aje, qa1 or upr k members

qa1 and upr both allow you to reuse the stock a arms

I'll probably end up going mm. I'm looking into doing autocross.

What spring rates would be good for both street and a little track abuse?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts