Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a new head unit for the mustang (I have the Shaker500) and was wondering what are the best out there for what I'm looking for. I want it to be a touchscreen with bluetooth built in and iPod controls. Since I'm sure many of you have already replaced your head unit or looked into this before, it would be great if I could get some suggestions on what to get and where to start shopping/researching. Thank you! - Garrett

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
I believe it is the Pioneer Premier F90BT that several people on here have had good luck with.

·
Registered
277 Posts
+1 for the alpine. Have one and I love it. Plus it looks great

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
06Stang, is that the W505? were you able to hook a phone up via bluetooth right away or does it require an adapter? ....also cool background, can you customize the wallpaper on that?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
I'm running the Pioneer Z3 in my daily and Pioneer F90bt in the stang.

F90bt does circles areound the Z3. Alot more friendly with creature features and the ipod interface is second to none, works as if you have a ipod face right on screen.

Handsfree blutooth works great as does the blutooth transfer of your phone address book directly to the drive.

Here's a few shots:

Ipod interface screen during install:

Back up camera screen:

Plate Camera:

Location I chose for handsfree microphone:

·
Registered
932 Posts
BTW, Crutchfield is running a killer deal on the latest firmware update that Pioneer started charging money for. I updated my F700BT for $59.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm running the Pioneer Z3 in my daily and Pioneer F90bt in the stang.

F90bt does circles areound the Z3. Alot more friendly with creature features and the ipod interface is second to none, works as if you have a ipod face right on screen.

Handsfree blutooth works great as does the blutooth transfer of your phone address book directly to the drive.

Here's a few shots:

Ipod interface screen during install:

Back up camera screen:

Plate Camera:

Location I chose for handsfree microphone:

I like the spot you chose for the bluetooth microphone... was it difficult to install up there?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FRYS.com | JVC

ok so this unit is on sale for $500 right now, and I'm really thinking of jumping on it, but i need some opinions... is this JVC unit any good? I don't want to spend the money on something if it's not going to be a quality part...

·
Registered
292 Posts
I like Pioneer because, to the best of my knowledge, they are the only ones that use Garmin for navigation. I've used a few different nav units, and I definitely prefer Garmin. All else being the same, that would be the deciding factor for me, but I guess its up to you what is the most important features.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
FRYS.com*|*JVC

ok so this unit is on sale for $500 right now, and I'm really thinking of jumping on it, but i need some opinions... is this JVC unit any good? I don't want to spend the money on something if it's not going to be a quality part...

Pioneer and Kenwood are cornering the market with reasonable pricing and killer features.

That said JVC has been around forever, they're just overshadowed is all.

If I was spending 500.00 I'd be on ebay going after one of the audio selling stores there. Get the most bang for your buck..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the input guys... I went ahead and bought the JVC AVX820. Basically had all the features I wanted at a good price, no navi, but whatever. Gettin it installed either this saturday or the next... needless to say, I'm pumped! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts