Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cut my front springs, and plan to do the same on the rear soon.

The ride is kinda rough, not unbearable, but rougher than before with the H&Rs. I already ordered new polyurethane isolators for the rear. Will do so for the front soon as well.

I am looking for suggestions on ways to make the suspension softer and more responsive. My current ideas are a Bumpsteer kit and the Steeda X2 Ball Joints.

Would installing a new front and rear sway bar help any? What about a strut tower brace?

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
You can drop the front another ~1/2" with those Steeda X2 ball joints. You know, in case you're not satisfied with totally slammed :p

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can drop the front another ~1/2" with those Steeda X2 ball joints. You know, in case you're not satisfied with totally slammed :p
Ya I saw that. They include some spacers to keep it from doing that if you want tho. I would use the spacers. Its low enough for me atm. From the little bit I drove it, I noticed it was rough and bouncy over the bumps. I imagine new Isolators on the front and the Bumpsteer would take care of some of that.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
*cough*
cut springs
*cough*

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Good move on the bumbsteer and X2 balljoints.

There is nothing you can do about your ride quality with cut springs, and the sway bars will only reduce body roll around corners.

IMO struts bar dont really do much on our cars

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good move on the bumbsteer and X2 balljoints.

There is nothing you can do about your ride quality with cut springs, and the sway bars will only reduce body roll around corners.

IMO struts bar dont really do much on our cars
ya, I figured. The Bumpsteer will atleast help with the bumps, and the Balljoints will help with the overall placement of the wheels. I already have offset steering rack brushings, and the shop installed camber bolts.

Will replace the isolators on the front to help the vibrations a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts