Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do some kind of project this summer on my 01. At the moment I have a few idea's, but I could certainly benefit hearing some suggestions from experts who know more about this sort of thing. My budget is about 2-3k. Any thoughts? Maybe put money into IRS? Bolt-ons? Interior? Drive train?

Right now all I have is a cold air intake, full exhaust, and a diablo sport tuner (which i have yet to take out of the box lol). I definitely need to do something soon. So suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Get one of those cheap supercharger set ups everyone is getting. The centri kind. And as for the IRS the best things to do is to replace the 3 bushings on the diff. And a coil over suspension with a spring rate higher than 600lb

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's mainly just a street/weekend car for the most part, but I do plan on taking it to the track this summer. I'll run it pretty hard on the street every now and then. My goals are pretty much to have a badass car for the street that I can take to the track 8-10 times a year, maybe more. I wouldn't mind spending money to improve handling though, especially if I plan on going to a drag strip. Iv been reading up on the IRS tech thread and I was thinking of doing coil-overs, sub frame connectors, and replacing the bushings. I'm just not sure how much I'd gain in handling with those 3 mods.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably going to end up doing front and rear coil-overs. Good idea?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
go for it. the subframe connectors will be very beneficial too, especially for track use

1 - 6 of 6 Posts