Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a chance to pick some up for $100 bucks. does anyone have these or know if theyre any good?

any input soon would be good. thanx guys.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i know alot of summits parts are made other manufactures that summit just picked up to call their own for what ever reason..... you would have to find out who was the original manufacture of the control arms.... who knows you might get lucky and it might be a decent brand

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
even though their listed for 79-04, these cars use 2 diffrent lowers, 79-98 & 99-04. the lower control arm bolt's are bigger on 99-04's than 79-98's & you can't interchange them.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm lookin for a little of both. Help witj ets at the track but don't wanna sacrifice turning 100 percent.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I would save the money if they are rubber bushings, i just replaced my grantelli solids with rubber bushings, after 2 years of running them and boy were the bushings tore the **** up, i got new UPR upper and lower control arms with all of them having solid bushings, thats just my two cents though...

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
I'm lookin for a little of both. Help witj ets at the track but don't wanna sacrifice turning 100 percent.
You are either going to get ONLY one OR will get both, no inbetweensies :D

If they are poly/poly, I say forget them and go for another brand/design. A poly/poly arm is only going to be good for the 1/4 and will HURT you in the twisties. Go poly/spherical on LCA's and will improve BOTH :yes

Jazzer :)

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
inbetweensies? :eek:, did you just make that up? :D

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mounder....
i was looking at the upr's orginally. they work good for you?? you like them???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts