Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, told you i was going to be doing a g35 detail this weekend and i just finished!

Kind of sucked, i had a time limit, i only had SEVEN hours to do a complete detail...so i wasn't able to do three passes with polish, but it still turned out WAY better than it came in

What i did

1. Washed down the whole car

2. Clayed entire car

3. Hit it with CG no.721 all around (orange LC pad) followed by IPA (first time doing and it HELPED)

4. Hit it with CG no. 7xx (forgot number) (White pad) (IPA again...)

5. Hit it with CG wet glaze (first time using it, LOVED it on the black) (Blue pad)

6. Finished off with the auto glym (hand application)

7. Washed down the vehicle again

8. Dried it down and used CG v7 detailer on it to shine it up

for only 7hours of work, it turned out great! Almost all swirls gone, only light scratches but nothing major! couldn't even see them even in direct sunlight!

SO i took pictures for you guys but only a few because i want on a time limit! not even a break for myself.

TRIED to keep them in order. but PB is annoying....

NOT MY BEAMER...lol

50/50

50/50

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Honestly, i'm DONE with the foam pads! lol the amount of dust was ridiculous! lol esp on a black car, it was like dust heaven!!!

can't wait to get my MF. pads!!!!

sorry i focused on the rear end so much...but that had the WORST damage on the whole car so i focused a lot of my time there!

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Looks good man. Black cars always looks like tits when detailed.

I really dont see why people are having so much trouble with foam pads. I prime mine completely and I get very little dust. Granted, M105 dust some, but thats because its a compound.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good man. Black cars always looks like tits when detailed.

I really dont see why people are having so much trouble with foam pads. I prime mine completely and I get very little dust. Granted, M105 dust some, but thats because its a compound.
Yeah i'm really happy how it came out with the little time i had with it! What i loved the most was the paint in person was so dull...when i was done it really popped! the owner didn't mind at all that some swirls we're left so all in all a good day!

7hours of work = 150 in my pocket! why not :p haha

Also, i don't hate the foam pads! they have their uses, but i am really looking forward to trying this new MF DA system! The thought of only having to do two passes for a perfect finish almost sounds too good to be true!

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
You end all your sentences with an exclamation point... why do you do such a weird act!

sentence!

again!

Ahhhh!!!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
If you're concerned about dusting, try out Menzerna stuff. VERY low dusting from all of their polishes with great work time as well.

M105 is very moody and will dust from humidity, buffer speed, angles, temp, ambient temps, etc. but it's my baby.

Looks pretty good. I've always had a thing for G35s.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You end all your sentences with an exclamation point... why do you do such a weird act!

sentence!

again!

Ahhhh!!!
haha it's a habit. i sometimes ever go back and edit them out because i notice it myself lol

If you're concerned about dusting, try out Menzerna stuff. VERY low dusting from all of their polishes with great work time as well.

M105 is very moody and will dust from humidity, buffer speed, angles, temp, ambient temps, etc. but it's my baby.

Looks pretty good. I've always had a thing for G35s.
It's not a big concern, just annoying when i'm drying to clean and up and the dust is just everywhere!!! never really noticed it before till this black car!

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
haha it's a habit. i sometimes ever go back and edit them out because i notice it myself lol

It's not a big concern, just annoying when i'm drying to clean and up and the dust is just everywhere!!! never really noticed it before till this black car!
Yeah I hear ya man. You're using IPA to wipe up right? Should help with dust collection and marring, but as Zat said dusting normally is only associated with compounds and marring will be present anyway.

What kind of MF are you using?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I hear ya man. You're using IPA to wipe up right? Should help with dust collection and marring, but as Zat said dusting normally is only associated with compounds and marring will be present anyway.

What kind of MF are you using?

yeah i IPA, first time ever too!! really helped out spotting swirls!!!

I don't have my MF DA yet

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Good job, it looks great. Question, what in the world is with the tail light in the first picture?

Exactly. I've used it quite a few different conditions as well considering Florida is pretty different from one time to another. Like you, always prime my pad and I get very, very low dust. Maybe a 'smidge' more than #80. Either way, it's not bad. However I really want to invest into some Menzerna like their SIP and PO85.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
PO85RD is a great finishing polish. I have always used it on a black pad and it goes forever. You can really burnish the gloss, especially with a rotary. I set the PC to speed 6, make 1-2 passes with some pressure, then I just give it a VERY slight amount of pressure and make another 2-3 passes.

added this to the Details sticky btw.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Menz 85RD is great I like to work it between 600 to 1500 rpm on the Makita with a Blue Uber or Crimson Hydrotech pad. I also love Menz 203S with a Green Uber or Tangerine Hydrotech pad, but you can use 203S with really any pad you wish and it will finish down very nicely and is a great for one step corrections.

Oh Slowv6 you did a nice job man. I wouldn't give up on using foam pads because you got some dusting they work great you might just have to use a little less product and make sure you clean them out after one or two sections. I am sure you will like the Megs DA system but its not the answer for every finish like ones with soft clears. But since your getting it for your mustang you don't have to worry.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
looks good!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks great man! Good job! Can't wait to see you do a black Mustang! :D
I'll own it...no big deal :p

Nawh, do you use Pakshack, Cobra, SMP, etc.?
CG super soft MF! i got a good deal on the 6pack so i just used my new stuff on the g35!

Good job, it looks great. Question, what in the world is with the tail light in the first picture?

Exactly. I've used it quite a few different conditions as well considering Florida is pretty different from one time to another. Like you, always prime my pad and I get very, very low dust. Maybe a 'smidge' more than #80. Either way, it's not bad. However I really want to invest into some Menzerna like their SIP and PO85.
His first attempt at doing layover tint, he cut it himself and didn't exactly get it right so he had a lot of bubbles/excess tint! never bothered to fix it

looks good!
thanks!!

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
That really looks like a rattle can tail light job...A bad one at that...

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I hate how the car is gloss black, and the tails are flat... clashes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts