Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
getting my exhaust done tuesday, thinking about flowmaster 40s (duh) until.... i saw these "super 44" things on the flowmasters website!

anyone know anything about them? are they new or something? how do they sound, and finally... should I get them instead?

Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
ive never heard comparison but i hear macs are a lot better for 6s, more of that deep throaty feel
plus everyone has flos, imho there's no point in gettin aftermarket parts if they're the same as every other stang out there lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok so back to my initial dilema.... 40 or 44?

someone whos heard them both... are they MUCH louder than the 40? i dont want my car to sound ridiculously loud to the point where you just want it to stfu. what about the tone? deeper more GTish?

·
Registered
372 Posts
ok so back to my initial dilema.... 40 or 44?

someone whos heard them both... are they MUCH louder than the 40? i dont want my car to sound ridiculously loud to the point where you just want it to stfu. what about the tone? deeper more GTish?
They're not too loud.
Nice at an idle, and great throughout the RPM range.

Compared to the 40's, I've heard people say they are almost similar.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok... the dude at mad hatters (exhaust shop) told me he does custom yada yadda mandrel bent yadda yadda 3 inch tips. $423 dollars tax included.
if i say put borla is that gonna jack up the price?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They're not too loud.
Nice at an idle, and great throughout the RPM range.

Compared to the 40's, I've heard people say they are almost similar.
so it doesnt make much of a difference...mmh.. i guess ill get them if they're the same price, sounds sexier

·
Registered
77 Posts
I love my 44's with H pipe. it's got a nice rumble to it. the hardest part was the headaches I got the first week every time I accelarated. but it settles down and you really enjoy it once it's gotten past it's new stage.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I love my 44's with H pipe. it's got a nice rumble to it. the hardest part was the headaches I got the first week every time I accelarated. but it settles down and you really enjoy it once it's gotten past it's new stage.
Headaches?
Come on man, roll down the windows, turn off the radio, and enjoy the sound of your engine!

Haha, I'd hate to see what it would be like if you owned a V8.
Migranes left and right haha.

:)

juuuuuuuuuust kidding pal.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
ummm, i think everyone who has flows says they sounds great at idle and then get all poppy and raspy above 3k. I think thats why OMZ doesnt like his.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts