Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To begin with Turbo is not an option for me, thanks but no thanks.

Now lets get down to the brass tacks.

I'm considering an Eaton M112 Super Charger off a 03/04 Cobra using the adapter plate from SuperSixMotorSports, or fabing one up myself.
Then yesterday on my way home I came across a 2002 v6 mustang with a Windstar upper intake with a Procharger Supercharger, it sounded amazing, performed amazing, and I was like Nice.

So which setup is better? The Eaton M112 SC or the Procharger through a Windstar upper or is there a third option I haven't considered yet? (And DON"T say TURBO!:eek:)

Input? comments?
Thanks.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
i would say the procharger is going to be your best bet because it can be (and should come) intercooled.

or you could do a vortech, with or without an IC

·
Registered
631 Posts
^Yeah, i have to agree with him. The M112 is cheap, and you can make your own adapter, and they sound great. Now the bad side, 200+ inlet temps in the summer and no way to cool them down other that water/meth injection.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Prochargers are decent and should yield you around 300hp with 300+tq safely.

The install is really super easy too.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so go Procharger into a windstar or stock upper?

The gentleman I found around here said he pieced his together off Ebay and craigslist for around $1,200 and did most of the install work himself. He used a flash tune to get it to the Dyno and then had a shop do a dyno tune.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
so go Procharger into a windstar or stock upper?

The gentleman I found around here said he pieced his together off Ebay and craigslist for around $1,200 and did most of the install work himself. He used a flash tune to get it to the Dyno and then had a shop do a dyno tune.
I just have mine into my stock intake for now.

It'll end up costing you around 3k$ most likely. You need things like injectors, fuel pump, tuner and tune ontop of the procharger, intercooler and mounting brackets.

I paid:
$2100 for my procharger kit.
$345 for a tune
$150 for a tuner
$125 for injectors
$125 for a fuel pump
$250 for dual exhaust which I just decided to get done before my tune.
~$100 in misc junk like oil, random nuts and bolts, ect.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will the windstar holdup under say 11psi?

I already have the Injectors and pump off a cobra I was going to use for the M112, They're dark Blue, and the research I've done says they're 42lbs, are these to big?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
came off an 03.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
I'd go with the m112 Mysteed Performance kit. Sounds so awesome.

I think I know what I want to do with my car now. Exactly that. Gives you a good reason to get a cowl.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I'd go with the m112 Mysteed Performance kit. Sounds so awesome.

I think I know what I want to do with my car now. Exactly that. Gives you a good reason to get a cowl.
Biggest problem with it is the heat. I hear his adapter actually works slightly better than SSMS's adapter.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about doing this. Only problem is, what if he stops building kits by the time I make a jump?

On topic though: What's the max temp. that it can reach? I say swap to a heat extractor hood, and run meth injection. The appeal of the m112 is that it's a root (sp?), whines, doesnt make that screeching noise, and seems to give it nice power. I'm looking at videos/write-ups. Good results.

Basically bolts-on and everything is included besides the UD and tune.

Go for it man, I wonder if anyone on MM has this kit.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I like the m-112 but the limitations keep me from doing it. I know the m-112 looks like it's a good deal and budget oriented, but by the time everything is said and done you will have just as much in it as a procharger kit.

Good luck to you in what ever you choose though. Any type of boost or pa really wakes these engines up.

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
I like the m-112 but the limitations keep me from doing it. I know the m-112 looks like it's a good deal and budget oriented, but by the time everything is said and done you will have just as much in it as a procharger kit.

Good luck to you in what ever you choose though. Any type of boost or pa really wakes these engines up.
Yeah, and you know, building the engine up first isn't a bad idea either. Gives you time to decide.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Turbo
>
Procharger / vortech
>
M112

To be fair:
There has been a 10 second vortech v6, a 10 second turbo v6 (and 9second), even a 10 second m90 v6 (and thats a t-bird), but pro charger and m112 nobody has made that yet :(

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
To be fair:
There has been a 10 second vortech v6, a 10 second turbo v6 (and 9second), even a 10 second m90 v6 (and thats a t-bird), but pro charger and m112 nobody has made that yet :(
A 10 second M90? Was there spray involved? And I'm betting that was intercooled.

And it sounds like you cant get an air to liquid intercooler system for the V6 adaptation of the M112? If true, that's a shame. Positive displacement blowers really need to be intercooled.

Also note that M112's can be ported for a few extra ponies.

Keep in mind I'm more familiar with M112's on 281's :eek:

·
Registered
631 Posts
A 10 second M90? Was there spray involved? And I'm betting that was intercooled.

And it sounds like you cant get an air to liquid intercooler system for the V6 adaptation of the M112? If true, that's a shame. Positive displacement blowers really need to be intercooled.

Also note that M112's can be ported for a few extra ponies.

Keep in mind I'm more familiar with M112's on 281's :eek:
Yeah, the adapter plate and balance shaft screw us out of the intercooler. The balance shaft can be removed but by the time you pay someone to design a lower with an air to water aftercooler, you could have built a sick turbo or vortech system. Unless ones said goal was to have pissing rights of the first to do so.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts