Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well which is the cheapest, which one would yield the biggest speed increase, and which one would be the bang for your buck choice?

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
supercharger supercharger supercharger. they are def a lot cheaper than turbos, turbos generally maek more horsepower at the same boost ince they use wasted gas to make the turbo spin instead of using the belt to make the power. they are both going to make good power but the turbos are gonna cost as much as 3x the amount of moeny to make em work. supercharger is the best bang for the buck. i suggest either the paxton novi 2200 for your car or the procharger d1-sc

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
looks very nice but yourlooking at close to 6 grandfor that when you could throw on a procharger or novi and get close to the same power for 2 grand less

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes the STS is very expensive! with 1 major design flaw = the air inlet filter is behind the rear tires and can be subject to water log if you drive in a lot of water. To bad it makes so much friggen power.
I think your right Novi is the way to go.

Dave T - I would be cautious about the turbos under the hood as they create a lot more heat from the exhaust and you may not get as much power as a charger system..

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sonic05Roush said:
Yes the STS is very expensive! with 1 major design flaw = the air inlet filter is behind the rear tires and can be subject to water log if you drive in a lot of water. To bad it makes so much friggen power.
I think your right Novi is the way to go.

Dave T - I would be cautious about the turbos under the hood as they create a lot more heat from the exhaust and you may not get as much power as a charger system..
personally if I got the kit I would wrap the sh!t out of the up pipe and turbo I know the make turbo insulation kits, I would do as much as possible to get the heat down, that was the only issue I had with it aswell but it looks promising personally I would rather have the turbo under the hood or front bumpers than remote mounted to the back. I think I am going to go with that under the hood turbo setup prolly set the boost controller to 10 or 12 psi and let her rip Just gotta remember I can't get boost happy like in my grand nationl (I run 20PSI for street driving :award and have a boost controller in car for when a worthy oponent trys to mess with the lil old buick v6 :D ) If I do get that kit I would go for the StageII kit with 76mm turbo for when I pull the motor and beef up the bottom end and lower the compression

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sonic05Roush said:
AAAh I see,,

yea that will sure help.
Good luck with your decision maybe you can send some pics and graphs of performance gains when your done..

Good luck. :popcorn
I would think so....when I get it I will let you guys know how she does, I do not think I will be dissapointed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts