Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here is another question my brother has a 306 with twisted wedge street heads, cobra upper and lower, trick flow stage 1 (499 510) cam and other basic blot-ons. the car made 305 hp and 320 tq at the wheels. he wants to go with a Super charger. he is going to do alot of street driving with the car and ocasonally hit the track now i told him to go with kenne bell but he thinks a pro charger is better what do you guys think ???

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
First, whats his compression ratio at now?.. or is it stock bottom end?.. or is he going to do a rebuild before he does the supercharger?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stock bottom end specs forged pistons and manley rods arp bolts all over the engine has about 40 k on it

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
stock bottom end specs forged pistons and manley rods arp bolts all over the engine has about 40 k on it
but whats the compression ratio at since they arent stock pistons?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
should be around 9:1 with stock pistons unless he has the small cc chamber heads.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when the engine was rebuilt the speed shop put in forged parts and he said they were the same spes as factory the heads have the 63 cc chambers (i think thats what my bro told me ) so the compression should be around factory i am guessing 9 :1

·
Registered
203 Posts
Where do you want to make power? Centrifical chargers like the pro charger usually make more power up in the rpms, where twin screw or roots like the kenne bell and whipple chargers make power faster (lower rpm) but not as much up top. So it depends on the rest of the motor (cam, heads). And of coarse where you want to make your power. Have a plan. Dont build your longblock for high rpms and then throw a kenne bell at it. 4.10's are not necessary with twin screw also!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts