Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm looking online for parts, there are some parts that say 86-98 GT , are these parts compatiable with my 89 LX? ex. Walbro 255 LPH

·
Registered
182 Posts
for the fuel pump...yes

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
there are no engine/fuel differences in the gt/lx

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why do some people install block plates? ex. IAC, EGR block plates?? can someone explain the pros and cons of these plates?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
if i upgrade from my stock 19lb injectors to 24lb injectors what size MAF will i need?
you would need a maf calibrated to 24lb injectors, but if your car is stock its not going to do anything for you

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
why do some people install block plates? ex. IAC, EGR block plates?? can someone explain the pros and cons of these plates?
you dont need th egr if your not going through emissions

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
if you have any vacuum line going to something and it is cracked, the you have a vacuum leak and it needs to be fixed

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
just buy a new piece of hose and call it a day, it wouldn't hurt to replace them all, they will all crack eventually (prbly soon)

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
If you are not sure what you're doing just replace the hoses that are there justy how they came off

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
is this a good set up for an automatic transmission? Also lets say i do get it..what would be a good Diff and Spline size to get..my power bands around 2200rpm stock.
86-08 4.10 Ratio 8.8 Rear End Gear Kit With Ford Racing Gears by Ford Racing at LRS - Same Day Shipping!
the ring and pinion ratio dont correlate really with the spline count, thats more for the differential and axles. but the 4.10:1 gear ratio is what i would get for an AOD, gears are in most peoples opinion the best mod for the money

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok so amongst this large ass wish list i made..i've been doing some serious thinkn.. i put my car on the houst today and took a gander underneath...its terrifying to say the least..rusted to ****... theres a crack in my transmission mount bushing...2 holes near both front seats... the stock rubber spring mount is well not really there lol. and theres a shitload of surface rust...front to back..thats just flaking away. SO..now i've got new priorities..since i'm fresh into the military i have limited time to do work on the car..i was wondering if someone thats done frame restoration can give me a rough estimate on how much it'd cost to restore it all... i'll try to get some pictures tomorrow to further show the damage.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
cheapest route for that, sell it and buy another one

1 - 19 of 19 Posts