Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today at work i got an offer i might not b able to resit...97mustang 3.8 5spd...no rust on body(very uncommon for MI seeing as its a 97)

Im not used to working on these i usally work on 2.3L fourbangers. Dont kno much about them...

Now it already needs a clutch,front crank seal, and oilpan/oil pan gasket. it only has 96xxx on it.

Now my question is.....was kinda bolt-ons are there 4this type of motor. I kno (or thought) they made a somewat "bolt-on" s/c kit. Just tryin to figure out if ill fix the probs and sell it or keep it and play around with it?

let me kno thanx

Sorry if theres a thread already exsisting....

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
well theres your basic exhaust and long tube headers if you wish
plenty of ebay CAI's
underdrive pulleys
i believe theres a s/c kit somewhere for it
there is a site that makes turbo kits if you have the $$$
also split port swap for it or porting the intakes and such
also rear end gears
t-lok

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
they have all the normal boltons and there are supercharger kits, but that engine is right at blowing a head gasket its pretty common for the year around 87k miles

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i ve heard of them being head gasket blowers......but im one of those kids who likes to be different? u kno? like im gonna buy this thing and let it sit for awhile in storage...cuz right now im puttin a 2.3T in a notchback stang......cuz honestly everyone builds v8s....and well w gas prices and me not workin close to home....the less the cylinders the better.....but thanx it all depends on how much i can get it for.....
im hopin under 1g but well see...

any links?

·
Registered
138 Posts
ya they have bolt on s/c kits

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
If you get it....

Do a split port swap, or find a 4.2L block and swap away. Then add your bolt ons and boost:yes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts