Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over the winter my brother in law turbocharged is crx he is running 28 psi,the car dynoed at 473 hp and 326 fpt at the wheels he proved it with the dyno sheet,i have a supercharged gt with 444 rwhp at 15 psi we are planning to take the cars to the local track when it opens in may,i have never drag raced my car at a track before,i used to drag race my m3 before i sold it and bought the stang,so i don,t know what times to expect,do i stand a chance?

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
nope. lol. unless he cant hook up. which he will still probably run you down even if you walk him out of the hole. more hp and lighter car= a raping

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do you think my car will run in the 1320? is should run low 12,s i think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
he as more hp and a lighter car,but i have more torque and i should hook a little better,we will both be running street tires, i am hoping the extra torque makes up the diffrence in weight

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
your going to get trashed! 300whp hatches and crx's are running 11's. you might get him out the hole but i doubt it since you never dragged before, but if you do he will run you down and pass you in no time!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have dragged him before he had the turbocharger,he had a h22 motor transplant,and lot,s of motor mods,and i had an m3, so i have exprience dragging rwd cars,my r/t was allways better than his,i am expecting to lose but i don,t think it will be a trashing. lol

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
do you have gears and any suspension work?? if not get some 3.73's and some good suspension and take out your spare tire jack carpet in the trunk , back seat , passenger seat get a light weight racing seat for the drivers seat. anything you can do to lose weight do it and get some sticky tires.. then ya might have a chance lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got 410,s and eibach coilovers ,but we both agreed to use street tires so i think i will have an advantage hooking,i won,t mind losing but damm,you guys make it seem like i am going to get a beating.lol

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I raced a 415 hp civic when I was 431 and I beat it pretty bad.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts