Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so after not having my car too long I want more power! plus i've had a couple little problems with my car and the dyno tuner..... and i want my car to run perfectly.... so i have found a few supercharged, low mileage 3v's, and i have found some 2011 or 2012 5.0 for the same price. my car made 353 to the wheels so would a 5.0 be worth the up grade when the supercharged 3v's make around 450 whp? and i do not want to have to poor money into the car!

i'm just looking for some opinions so feel free to give yours!

·
Slow 3v
1,081 Posts
To get more than 500whp, you will have to buy a forged rotating assembly so there is a bit of money. It depends on how much hp you want or how much you are willing to spend. Why not just throw a blower on your current car and just find a better tuner?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
because i bought my car for 18 and have a buyer lined up that will buy it for 24. either car i buy would stay the way that i bought it (for the most part). im not looking to spend my money on modding it with expensive stuff, im looking to buy it already modded and not have to do anything to it. but im looking to be within 400-450 whp (which i could do if i slightly mod a 5.0 right?)

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
I'd rather have a 5.0. Nicer interior, better platform for modding. With exhaust and a tune, you can be over 400 rwhp. Slap a blower on it and sit at 650 all day long.

·
Slow 3v
1,081 Posts
well sell it and get yourself a 5.0 than. Nice interior, awesome motor and with full bolt ons, you will have a surprisingly quick car if you spend some money on suspension and tires also.

·
Slow 3v
1,081 Posts
I'd rather have a 5.0. Nicer interior, better platform for modding. With exhaust and a tune, you can be over 400 rwhp. Slap a blower on it and sit at 650 all day long.
+1

Our motors are almost maxed out around 450-500 with FI on it. Coyotes can make that with bolt ons.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i'm leaning towards the 5.0 especially because it will be a relatively stock car so i know it is reliable because it will be a DD. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
280 Posts
If you want something already modded then look for a Roush and if you want a supercharger on the 5.0 then look for the 11' 5xr or 12' stage 3. Roush has a great setup, you'll know it was modded right, and they lose so much value in the first couple of years you should be able to find a killer deal.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Here is an example of what you can get from a used Roush only 8k miles and atleast 15k off retail. Probably could find something like this for ~$37k or so. Already has a body kit, 20" rims, better tires, suspension, interior dressed up, and more importantly a supercharger and all that with a warranty.

Ford : Mustang ROUSH 5XR in Ford | eBay Motors

·
Registered
600 Posts
Or look for an 05-09 GT500, just a thought.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i should have clarified that i am looking to sell my car for 24,000 and buy a 5.0 for 24,000 but yes i agree on the looks crackpot, but i can always make the 5.0 look sick!

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
I wish you luck, I dont see you breaking anywhere near even with an 07 for a 11+, you might get 17 at best for your car depending on condition and options

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
i should have clarified that i am looking to sell my car for 24,000 and buy a 5.0 for 24,000 but yes i agree on the looks crackpot, but i can always make the 5.0 look sick!
I doubt you'll get 24. That's extreme.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i know i wasnt expecting to sell it. i just threw it up to see if anyone would take it and ive got someone very interested.

·
Like A Boss
18,927 Posts
Yeah, but I do like a good '13. They're just asking for some blackout parts.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
if you have someone ready to buy your car for 24... do it NOW and worry about the new 1 after you sell it... there is no way anyone will gt a loan for that much on the car so it will be an "as is" sale... that is way more than your car is worth on the market... the only problem is you aren't going to get into a modded 11+ for the same money... and I still don't care for the backs of the new style(except for Black)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thing about forced induction is its not about peak hp and peak torque any more. Yes a coyote with bolt ons will show similar peaks as a mild boosted 4.6. But it will not equal the power under the curve as say a tvs boosted 4.6. The boosted 4.6 will match the Coyotes torque like 2000 rpm sooner.
I e-forced my 08 for less than 1/2 what the trade up was going to cost. And that was before adding in the taxes and higher license fees.
My 08 the way it is now fries the wheels at wot all the way through 2nd. I learned the traction control must be off or I smell burnt something besides rubber :-\
So far I am happy with my set up.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts