Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting a supercharger and a 3500 stall soon my car is a autumatic with 4.10 gears should i keep the 4.10,s or go back to stock gears

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
That is a subject of much debate. Some think they are OK, other consider them to be a tire shredder. Since you already have them I'd try the 4.10s and change them out later if you don't like them.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
i have the 4.10s, don't really hook in first gear, but i haven't put on a decent set of tires yet

will be getting a stall sometime next month

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Do 4.10s. Worst case is to put a taller tire on it. My buddy has a stalled bolt on auto with 4.10s and that thing sucks with traction as is.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Keep

·
Registered
730 Posts
I will be purchasing a converter for my auto V2. Have 3.73 gears as well. Really depends on what you are looking to do with the car like Eagle basically said.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I would just keep them for now. If you don't like them after the install you can always change them out afterwards. I don't see you get much traction unless your running drag radials though.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I would just keep them for now. If you don't like them after the install you can always change them out afterwards. I don't see you get much traction unless your running drag radials though.
I think he will need more than just drag radials.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I'm supercharged and have 4.10s. I love it! I really think u should keep them and try it out.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I'm going to be stalled soon as well so ill get to see how it goes too!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
3200 stall, 425rwhp, 4.10s, 100% stock suspension (not even sub frames) on a 27" tall mickey thompson, ill dead hook all day. As for street tires just go easy on the gas and learn to walk it out. I say keep em, youll love the new setup

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
^ You should really get subframes if you are dead hooking with that much power :lol

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
^ You should really get subframes if you are dead hooking with that much power :lol
Car ran 11.75 in the 1/4 on bone stock suspension so it will definately be cool to see how much difference a full blown suspension makes which i will be doing later this year. Sub frames will definitely be put in before i hit the track next year tho.

It was a stupid thing to do and im surely paying for it now. Not one of my best decisions and certainly not the best 60' foots lol

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for all the feed back i will keep them for now my car is just a street car/show car

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
thanks for all the feed back i will keep them for now my car is just a street car/show car
Prepare to loose to cars you never thought possible from a dig on street tires and even drags not heated 410,s and supercharger= Ice under tires. I couldnt stand it any longer I finally ditched my 410 gears for 373 and even considering going to 355. Im not all about shredding tires, that **** is for The young, im more about getting power down to the ground, and getting on down the road.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I could never get rid of the 4.10's. they make such a difference lol

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
They are more then likely slowing you down cause your spinning way to much like I was a 400rwhp with 410. At 600 373 gears are still spinning like mad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts