Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what mods would force me to get a re-tune I'm assuming anything that messes with the air/fuel ratio would be a possibility. The following changes I'm considering are not major, and I wonder if they would still force the re-tune...

For example:

1) I have a Stack Racing Plenum . If I upgraded that to the Accufab Plenum would that require a re-tune?

2) If I went from a 70mm throttle body to a 75mm, would that require it?

3) If I went from the stock manifolds to shorty headers, would that requite it?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Plenum/throttle body would not require a retune. Shorty headers would also most likely not require a retune. If doing longtubes I would get a retune. The difference from 70mm to 75mm throttle body is not worth the time or cost.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plenum/throttle body would not require a retune. Shorty headers would also most likely not require a retune. If doing longtubes I would get a retune. The difference from 70mm to 75mm throttle body is not worth the time or cost.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
I was just wondering what mods would force me to get a re-tune I'm assuming anything that messes with the air/fuel ratio would be a possibility. The following changes I'm considering are not major, and I wonder if they would still force the re-tune...

For example:

1) I have a Stack Racing Plenum . If I upgraded that to the Accufab Plenum would that require a re-tune?

2) If I went from a 70mm throttle body to a 75mm, would that require it?

3) If I went from the stock manifolds to shorty headers, would that requite it?

Thanks in advance!
99SilverGTVert,

You shouldn't need a retune for any of those modifications. Also, I wouldn't upgrade to the 75mm with just minor modifications and low boost on your Mustang when you already have a 70mm. That being said, make sure your current tune is somewhat conservative. If the tune is very aggressive and "on edge" then you may want a retune for the shorty headers (more like some tweaking). Otherwise, you should be fine!

Shane

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Most of those mods are a waste of money and time. You wont see any hp changing the plenum and TB. The shorties will show about 7-10 across the board if they are the BBK type. Headers are a BITCH to install in a garage and cost too much to have done. For a car that already has a blower and you just want a few more HP I say drop down a pulley size.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
TB/ plenum/ Shorties/ Long tube headers, intakes, are all awaste of money on a stock Block especially supercharged. The only money I would never spend on my Mustang if I decided to buy another 99-04 would be Cams with spring upgrade, and the blower nothing more. The reason I say this is because on a blown mustang Cams, and a blower will max out your shortblock with nothing more so why waste all that extra money on things that are not needed? Once a person gets a built block ALL of those things become necesary to take the modular to the next level.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts