Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of gas mileage do you guys get with supercharged mustang?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
on the highway i was in the mid 20s..in the city typically around 13-14. but when ya have that kind of horsepower to the wheels...does it really matter what kind of gas mileage you get? just get a beater car for your dd if your worried about gas mileage.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I get right around 13 mpg for city and highway. The highway is about the same because of the gears though.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I guess 14-16ish mpg just cruisin. But I have used a 1/4 tank in 11 miles at the track :rockon

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I have a friend who has an S-197 with a whipple and 4.10s and gets about 23 mpg, about 80% highway (a lot of it rush hour though).

·
Registered
400 Posts
I dont understand why I get terrible gas mailage when the worlds fastes car the ssc ultimat aero can get 18 city and 27 mpg on the highway. Im jealous

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I have 3.73 gears and still get 21-22 mpg on the interstate. I get 19-20 with a combination of city/highway driving.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Mine does pretty good on the highway if I just cruise, but I never really took the time to figure out the mpg

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
What's wrong with 22 mpg and 450 hp?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
About 13 city and 18-24 highway depending on how fast i'm driving. I wish we had the chevy calibrations to run on 4 cylinders to save gas when cruising. Damn vettes get 20+ mpg with 500hp.
A lot of that also has to do with aerodynamics and having the car sittin' on the ground. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the C6 Z06 has cylinder shut off.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
A lot of that also has to do with aerodynamics and having the car sittin' on the ground. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the C6 Z06 has cylinder shut off.
I'm not 100% on it, but i think that is how they avoided the gas guzzler tax with 500hp.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I dont understand why I get terrible gas mailage when the worlds fastes car the ssc ultimat aero can get 18 city and 27 mpg on the highway. Im jealous
That's when driven like a granny. It is also turbo charged, which increases gas mileage. And it has a six speed which = better gas mileage compared to a five speed. And, it weighs 2750 lbs, so being about 500-600 lbs less then you... means better gas mileage. Also, it isn't called the ultimate aero for nothing. It has phenominal areodynamics and it literally sits on the ground
, which, yet again, means better gas mileage.

Besides, I get about the same mileage if I drive nice (not grandma nice, but best friend nice:D)

·
Registered
400 Posts
yeah very true. That car is soo sexy. I watched a video about some guy in dubi that has that car and the veyron. They said he raced them both and the ssc aero pulled like 7 cars on the veyron by 180 mph.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
if i drive on a full tank and run it down to E and use boost very little, the cobra will get right at the same amount of miles on a full tank as the stock 04 GT i had before.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
turbos don't tax the cars efficiency as much ... ... SSC Ultimate Aero TT ;)

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
i drove my dad's corvette on the freeway today and went to the instant fuel mileage setting. cruising at 65 mph with the cruise control on, driving on level ground i was getting 32 mpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts