Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im a new owner of a supercharged 5.0 89. It also has a medium size cam and exhaust. Pretty much everything else is stock. What would or should be the next up grade i should do or take?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
upgrade from a medium sized cam to a 3/4 cam :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
Im a new owner of a supercharged 5.0 89. It also has a medium size cam and exhaust. Pretty much everything else is stock. What would or should be the next up grade i should do or take?
A GOOD SET OF HEADS, CAM, INTAKE, INJECTORS, FUEL PUMP,MASS AIR METER, GEARS, DUDE THERE IS A BUNCH OF STUFF TO DO BUT HOW MUCH MONEY DO YOU HAVE/?

·
Registered
3,329 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i would say start saying for a tranny and then a new short block because before you make crazy power you need to be able to hold it

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I say forget the tranny and start with suspension. A car that can handle the power to the ground is always way better that one that cannot..

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
it is easier to replace tires than everything that get tore up when the block splits

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
it is easier to replace tires than everything that get tore up when the block splits
He has a long way b4 he splits his block. What are you talkin about..

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
HE'S PROBABLY ONLY MAKING LIKE 300 HP
At the most.. Thats why I said he has a long way to go B4 he has to worry about that. I dont know what that dude was talkin about!!!:eek:

·
Registered
685 Posts
up the boost untill it blows

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
How the hell do you determine a "meduim" sized camshaft LOL. I gues my F303 cam falls between small and medium so 1/4 maybe? LOL

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
5-lug swap with better brakes :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think he should supersize the cam he has and get a side of fries....:D
just joking. everyone here has great ideas. what are your intentions with the car? is it going to be driven on the street alot, not much or drag car? how much horsepower do you want? ask anyone who has the "bug", you start one way and mid-way through it you head in a different direction. go to the local track get some ideas, talk to some people and go from there. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts