Modded Mustang Forums banner
41 - 60 of 125 Posts
Is, it just me or are the numbers and times for BLOWN2V weird with the mods he has. Especially HP with his mods
i was thinking the same thing just didnt wanna say nothing and on another note i cant wait to get my novi 2000
so you think he's blowing up his numbers?
You guys are thinking on a stock full bodied car. From his sig pic hes running big and lils and hes car looks like its set up pretty well

I have a Novi as well and I expect to see high to mid 11s with a my setup. Novi's are the way to go!

how is my numbers off for my mods.....

its all in the tune....

if you want a full list of mods (i only posted the meat) here it is'

drivetrain
------------------
4700 9.5 in convertor
C4 man v/b with brake
alum. driveshaft
4.10 gears
moser 33 spline axles
moser 33 spine spool

susp
------------
flaming river steering shaft
UPR k-member
UPR A-arms
UPR coilovers (14" 150lb front springs)
strange adj struts
UPR cc plates
UPR adj upper control arms
UPR adj lower control arms
(P/A set to -2)
strange shocks
UPR anti roll bar (set to neutral)
6 point mild steel roll bar (done by Alston race cars)
stock GT rear springs cut 2 coils off)
poly motor n trans mounts

fuel
--------
glens sumped tank
A1000 pump
duel filters 100 n 1000 micron
-10 line from pump to Y-block
-8 line to each rail
-8 line from rails to reg
-6 from reg to tank
UPR fuel rails
60lb injectors

Engine
--------
stock shortblock
stock unported heads
VT stage 1 cam
elec water pump
mac longtube headers
mac prochamber
(no muffs)
Loagn motorsports intake manifold (side entry)
bullit duel 58mm oval T/B
alum radiator

power adder
-------------
Novi 2000
stock 3.5 pulley (8.2 psi at 6000.... 11.7 psi at 6700)
MPH power pipe

wheels and tires
15x4 draglites
26x4x15 moroso Ds-2 front runners
15x8 draglites
28x10.5x15 stiffwall M/T ET drag slicks

Misc
------
H.O fibertrends hood

and a lot of weight out ...car weighs just under 3100 with me in it

car has had 2 different tunes

5speed tune was done by Tim Barth at MPH
auto tune was done by Mike post at dynotunemp

sorry to litter up this thread with this but I cant stand people that think im lying..... yes it is the stock motor and the heads have never been off the car or the motor out of it... yes it only has a 3.5 pulley... but what people didnt ask is whats my timing or a/f at... so with that being said it shows that those dont know, what it goes into making power in a supercharged car

aslso for those that think im BSing on my times if the vid didnt do it for you

there is so much more that does into running good 1/4 times then power

if you get the car to work well in the first 330ft of the 1/4 after that its easy

and for my power numbers.... well the dyno is off with the auto since you cant get real numbers with a unlocked convertor... if it was thru a 5peed I would be making a little over 500rwhp now... but the only number that matters to me is ET dyno numbers is nothing but a number. i have seen guys at the track and on the net that make 550-600 and yet run 11.5s or such and when they see I run in the mid 10s they all give me the bullshit when i tell them the car dynoed in the mid 400s

if his car is lean with aggressive timing it could make that idk how it'd last. but lots of people with the **** ive got are getting down in the 11's on et streets.

if his car is lean with aggressive timing it could make that idk how it'd last. but lots of people with the **** ive got are getting down in the 11's on et streets.
nope not lean...... I sit at 11.0-1 a/f and down in the 10.8 after 6500

timing is at 19

if any in the area want to come look at the car for themselfs your more then welcome to try and find something on the car I left out... cause there is nothing

oh and I have made over 100 passes plus at one point 5000 street miles with this set up the last 40 passes at the track were all in the 10s

what does it wiegh and what is the boost pressure? a 3.5 pulley doesnt mean anything when the motors has been modified?

I've got 9.6:1 compression in my 5.0L forged shortblock, what kind of supercharger would be best for that? my CR is too high to get optimal hp out of a twin screw, correct? but with like a vortec or a novi i would do fair wouldnt i?

I've got 9.6:1 compression in my 5.0L forged shortblock, what kind of supercharger would be best for that? my CR is too high to get optimal hp out of a twin screw, correct? but with like a vortec or a novi i would do fair wouldnt i?
theres not a giant difference in what it will run twin screw or centri. just dont go roots....

41 - 60 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.