Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am just getting into the "mustang world" and I am thinking about supercharging my 99 v6 3.8l mustang. I just got her a few months ago and I am looking for people that can give me advice or details of the process. Such as what to expect during install. also so far on my 3rd day of research I have found that some people use a m112 and some go with the m90 which would be an easier route (in your opinion)? also I would need a different hood to fit the supercharger or at least cut a hole to fit. what is the best self tuning equipment? btw I am only looking for advice from people that have done this not from people that are just going to tell me to v8 swap LOL thanks in advance.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There are more than a few ways to supercharge the car. The M112 as far as custom kits is probably the easiest to install I would think. Thats the route I am going. I have the blower and the plate and few of the other pieces that I have been slowly acquiring. You will need a new hood or a hole cut. I dont know that there is a readily available m90 plate for the splitport intake that your 99 would have, so you would need to change heads, intake etc to a 94-98 setup among a whole other list of things, Finding a supercoupe complete might be easier in that case. There is also procharger kits out there.

Just gotta pick a direction, and stick with it. Most if not all have been well documented. Turbos is another option as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts