Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP! I just installed my supercharger with a friend and it is running worst then stock! I feel like a 4 cylinder 1993 civic! Please call or text me ASAP for any walk threw help. 904-704-5298. We're just guessing and checking. We're working on it as this posts.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
lol a little more information, what kind, the car ect

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know but. It is hard with just the phone thy is why I suggested calling or texting, 05 mustang GT. Gt500 pump, v3 non intercooled kit from brendspeed. 93 oct tune. This tune was for their throw back 60's kit. I used everything as stated except the BAP I used the gt500. I ran the car, no codes, just feels like being starved for air IN my opinion.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
to be honest the only thing you can do is start retraceing what you done and see where you went wrong. Oviously first look for unpluged electrical connections, clamps on the blower tubing, also the cars not just going to throw immeditaly let it run for a bit if you like and then check for codes. When I put my s/c on I left one coil unpluged by mistake and did't get a code for like five minuets of running

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I couldn't give much more info then that. I checked everything before you suggested it.. All connections, any leaks, no codes being thrown after we had it idel for 20mins, drove it for 20mins, then shut it off to start back up and let it idel again for 15mins.

I found out what the problem was and I knew it was going to be stupid once we did figure it out... We loaded the tune in correctly.. I know.. How the **** we missed something some so simple blows my mind. We returned it back to stock, then loaded it again and works like a champ. Tomorrow I am ordering the A2A IC and sending it in on Monday and getting it back by the latest Wednesday.

After that either later Wednesday or thursday if Tony is free I'll get it dynoed. Right now brenspeed said the tune is for 400-425 RWHP and after the IC I am looking for just 475RWHP to be honest. Just something more safer and less stress on the engine.

Thanks for the help guys. We were really racking out brains trying to figure it out.. But alls well ends well. And I'm happy.. The whistle people describe more sounds like crickets chirping to me. lol

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
You have to tune for the GT500 pumps...voltages are different...is the tune written for a BAP or GT500 pumps?

BAP has NO CHANGES to the tune for its use...it uses stock GT pump tables.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes and no. You are okay to drive it with the GT500 pump as long as you don't get on it. But YES it is in your best interest to get it tune, which it will be come this wednesday. I'm not going to be driving it, I have a DD substitute in the mean times. But I not going to pay to get it tuned, then get the IC put on then pay again to get it returned. I mean the shops are literary next to each other.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Yes and no. You are okay to drive it with the GT500 pump as long as you don't get on it. But YES it is in your best interest to get it tune, which it will be come this wednesday. I'm not going to be driving it, I have a DD substitute in the mean times. But I not going to pay to get it tuned, then get the IC put on then pay again to get it returned. I mean the shops are literary next to each other.
You are posting on here asking for help saying the car is running like crap, and then when I tell you why you say it is OK to run it without a proper tune.

Well, that is your problem. You need a tune for the mods you have.

There are 3-4 tables that need changed when you switch from GT pumps to GT500 pumps. :yes

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
You are posting on here asking for help saying the car is running like crap, and then when I tell you why you say it is OK to run it without a proper tune.

There are 3-4 tables that need changed when you switch from GT pumps to GT500 pumps. :yes
:eek:hsnap

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

DUH! Maybe I wasn't clear, sorry for the miscommunication. iPhones make it a pain to get into long detailed posts. Yes you are right about the stock pump and it'll run it the way it was doing until the comp tells it other wise. I've talked to multiple shops and people and they all say the same thing. That's why I said yes and no. YES I will need a tune, if I get on it it'll run lean and possibly cause damage to the car. :eek: But NO I won't get it tuned just yet cause I am waiting on my a2a IC that is arriving on Moday, which right after I will be getting it tuned by Tony at Hurricane Performance. No use getting it tuned now then get the IC put on then tunes less then a week later. They said "as long as you just keep it out of boost it'll be fine." Either way I have another mode of transportation so it isn't like I'm going to be driving it anyways.

Thanks for the help and input guys. The car runs well, I'll post up a dyno sheet of the numbers she'll be putting down by mid to late next week. I'm not looking for 500rwhp, expecting 450-475rwhp with a conseritive tune. I'll keep ya up to date.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
It's good...no worries...just trying to help.

It should be awesome and run great once you get it tuned. I wouldn't pay for two tunes either. As long as you don't drive it other than to the dyno (and stay out of boost!!!!!) you should be fine. :yes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts