Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im not really sure if this topic has been discussed b4 but Im in the process of looking for cams, what would be the best cam application to go with my set up i plan on getting hooker long tubes and the Kennebell 2.6 liter
supercharger

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
acmiller and [email protected] r the cam dudes, but ive heard you can get blower cams that will complement the extra flow of a SC, and still run them N/A and it will not hurt

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
You can run blower cams n/a, you will still get a slight gain with them too. But they run the best (and give you the most power) with a blower of course... thus blower cams name!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I have no compaints with my cms(vt) stage 3 blower cams.I have not noticed any loss of power in non-boosted driving.they sound awsum and no ptv issues(stock head/piston) definitly keep these on your list to consider
so u have no ptv issues u say?... i think i might go stage 3 route

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
a positive displacement blower appreciates a wider lsa. depending on what the goals are for the car will depend on what cam to go with.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WEll my goal is to have close to 500 so i want cams that would help me get there and if i want in the future to have more than 500 they will work well with that also..

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
WEll my goal is to have close to 500 so i want cams that would help me get there and if i want in the future to have more than 500 they will work well with that also..
yes, even a stage 1 type blower cam will be able to support 500 hp.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts