Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's come time with my novi2000 install to start worrying about my fuel pump , I can get a great deal on a ford lightning fuel pump ? My main concern I've heard is that with some pumps you can't run less than 1/4 tank and that not something I want to have to worry about , so what pump should I get if my goal is 400 hp ? And I was also planning on going with a 20 amp bap ... Any help is much appreciated thanks

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I run a 255lph focus fuel pump with my procharger just fine. There are a few reasons you dont wanna run with the fuel level super low and youll have to worry it with every pump when boosted, because if the pump goes dry for a second it will be very easy to lean out and burn up a piston. Best way to solve that would be a new baffled tank, which can be spendy. Also the fuel level helps keep the pump cool and helps to keep it from sucking up crud at the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So should I just always keep it so the light never comes on ? Or you think more fuel than that?

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
if you dont buy a sumped fuel tank, i would get on it below 1/4 tank. I would go with a 03/04 cobra twin pump setup. it will drop into your GT tank will littel to no modification. that with a BAP is good to 550+ rwhp.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I think I want to do and where would be the best place to find the cobra hat ? And what do the 02 lightnings fuel pumps consist of my uncle will basically give me his old stock fuel pump (1200hp lightning haha)?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never heard of anyone going to 400hp on the stock pump with a bap ? Even though I would love to do that makes me nervous anyone elts run this setup ?

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
400rwhp has been done on a stock pump and bap. Do an svt focus pump and 40amp bap if you want to just drop the pump in. If you dont mind doing some modification get a dual cobra setup. I know of 2 that are for sale for $150.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya that's what I thought with the lighting but just wanted to make sure ... Should I get the 20amp bap or 40 ? My goal is 400 hp for now

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Do the 40amp. If you ever go to dual pumps you can run the 40amp. You cannot run a 20amp with dual pumps. 40amp can be used with a single or dual pumps.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
There is a $10 difference between them, and if you look around you can find them for exactly the same price. Why limit yourself if it will work perfectly fine with a single pump. I bought my brand new 40amp for $200 from a guy who never used it.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I'm close to maxxing out dual cobra pumps with 40amp BAP on the stock engine :(
Something is wrong there. You can run a single svt focus pump with a bap up to about 475-500rwhp. Some have made it over 500rwhp. I got a local guy making 447rwhp with cams and 9psi on a single svt focus pump with no bap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts