Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do mustangs/mustang computers have a way to read how much boost is being ran into the manifold?

as far as getting a tune what all do i need other then my sct xcal2 tuner?
wideband for data logging, map sensor, inlet temp sensor?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
No, you need a guage

·
Registered
73 Posts
there is ways you can install certain software onto a computer that will read the boost i have never seen it in real life but i have read about it i wouldn attempt trying it becuase by the time you actually got all the stuff on the computer and stuff you would of probably spent more money than you need to with a gauge and if you did somethin wrong then you would of wasted all of that money so a gauge would be your best bet........

try this site if you havent already got one i think the price is like 70.00$$$

Texas Mustang

·
Registered
73 Posts
good call ...........

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok that helps because i wanted to run some kind of boost controller with a turbo wastgate but i guess i cant...

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
ok that helps because i wanted to run some kind of boost controller with a turbo wastgate but i guess i cant...
Turbo wastegate on a blower??? You know that waste gate reroutes the exhaust around the turbine right?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes i do its just i have a brand new one i got for free from a good friend because i helped him install his turbo, because his turbo had one built in.

Full-Race Motorsports LLC Call us toll free at (866) FULL-RACE
here it is and thats how much he paid

he also said he would sell me his real hks SQV bov for 150 with a ebay intercooler witch i think is a deal i shouldnt pass up either way because he never used the intercooler or piping and the bov was used for less then a week.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just want to be able to change my boost from 4-5psi up to 10psi or anything inbetween by just turing a nob without having to change my tune...is it possible?

also joe when are you going to get that obd gauge i want one so bad! once you get them i want a packaged price on it with the wideband:D

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
i just want to be able to change my boost from 4-5psi up to 10psi or anything inbetween by just turing a nob without having to change my tune...is it possible?

also joe when are you going to get that obd gauge i want one so bad! once you get them i want a packaged price on it with the wideband:D
Yeah, its possible and is called a turbo!!:yes I dont think anybody has made a successful "boost controller" for a supercharger. The problem is that you might as well run 10psi if its pullied for 10psi because the blower will be working that hard the entire time and the efficiency will totally suck at 4-5psi.

I got the gauges in stock. The price is $379 for the OBDII gauge and $180 for the wideband module. shoot me an email to [email protected] about a potential discount.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
but wouldnt it make boost quicker at a lower rpm? either way after reading that i have changed my mind just wanted to know

·
Registered
73 Posts
i would listen to jgorm he basically seems like an expert in all of this haha so i would just do what he says

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
i have seen it done in a magazine... it gave them a good torque curve

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it would be cool for a dd because i would make boost really low in the rpm range....
but Joe brought up a good point about the built up pressure taking more then it would make...
but if the bov was releasing the pressure i dont think it would be as bad...but i will experiment once i have the money for the charger... so i will put the old stang on Ebay and hope for the best...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts