Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was quoted 16 hrs at 85$ an hour for a total price of 1360 to install a procharger p1sc. This does not include any dyno tuning. Price and hours sound kindof high to me and I was wondering if that was a good price or if that shop is trying to rip me off?

If it is a rip, how many hours should an install take?

Also How many hours does it usually take to dyno tune?

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
cant answer the supercharger question but 16 hours sounds like a lot. the $85 per hour sounds alright depending on where you live, im paying $100 per hour to have cams and exhuast put on.

The price for a dyno tune that i was given was $579, that was including the xcal. If you had the xcal already for them to use then i think the price was $279 or something, Its been a while.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
950-1200 is the ballpark, anything more and I would find another shop, cause that means they've never done an install on your year vehicle and you are the test mule for more $$$.

plus your looking at another $500+ for dyno tuning.

did you plan on getting a dyno tune or using the tune that came with the kit?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
P1sc intercooled charger can be done in as few as 8 hours. Max is 12 if you work like a turtle..

The price you were quoted is out of line high.. As mentioned prior, probably because they haven't done one yet.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I know we charge $500-$700 for a twin screw but I have not seen a procharger installed at our shop since I have been with HCM. I believe we charge around $800 for that...$1360 is pretty high

·
Registered
644 Posts
Took my shop 10 hours to install. Woulda been like 8 but they had issues with the piggyback fuel pump. $85/hour is a good rate.

Tuning should be around 500 bucks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
07stanggt...How much is it for the cam install?

Also did you notice a sound difference? I really like the sounds some cams put out.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Like they said,if you go to shop that does this often you might pay less.Took me three days to do my Kb by myself never done that much to a car before.Don't let price be too much of a concern because in some cases guys would give a low ball price just to reel you in,the headaches isn't worthit,ain't nothing worst than a blown car you can't enjoy because its sitting in the corner of a garage or parking lot with a problem after spending a couple grand.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
i have installed 2 on the S197, first took 11 hours and the second took 9 hours. they are not that hard to do. I would make a weekend out of it and you shouldn't have any problems. the worst part is running all the charge pipes and getting them all sealed so they do not leak IMO

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I also seen the shop that does all my work (Local Dealership) but one on in 6 hours. but he was an ASE Mechanic

·
Registered
101 Posts
When I had my supercharger installed, it was right at $1000 for the labor. Dyno tuning was set at $125/hr, or $70 for 3 pulls. 16 hours of labor does seem to be a bit long.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Mostly Mustangs in Oakland quoted me $800, NextGen in Hayward quoted me $2000.
LMAO. thats funny, not laughing at you catch just laughing at how weird **** like that is. what a price discreptancy.

07stanggt...How much is it for the cam install?

Also did you notice a sound difference? I really like the sounds some cams put out.

He quoted me 5 hours, at $100per hour. He said he has never done the nsr cams so he wasnt sure about time and if it took him less time he would charge accordingly.

I dont have my car back yet bro, TUESDAY if all the stars line up i guess. I have heard the nsr cams online though. You can tell something has been done to the engine but its not the "cammed" sound so to speak. It was a bad video though. Im hoping i hear some difference with them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts