Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 04 Mustang Cobra EATON M112 supercharger 4.6 dohc | eBay CHECK THIS AUCTION AND PICS OUT!!. hi guys this supercharger kit expires on ebay in just 10 hours and i am very interested in picking it up for my 2v 2002 gt but the only thing is that this guy states that it came off of his 2004 svt cobra and i wanted to know what i would need on top of this kit in order for it to work on my car an approximate $ total.heres the list of parts that the kit comes with..
Eaton M112 supercharger

supercharger intake elbow

supercharger to elbow gasket and 4 mounting bolts

intake elbow gasket and 4 bolts

throttle body with bolts

supercharger pulley safety cover

TPS sensor with bolts

Fuel rail with bolts

EGR valve with bolts

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
It's probably not worth it.

Read this article for the complete list of parts you'll need:
Lefty's Eaton Swap Thread

In addition to that you're going to have to swap to DOHC heads, and upgrade your fuel system.

You're looking at a minimum of $2500 here. It's not impossible, but let me warn you about the cost and difficulty up front.

Your other option is to get just the M112 and get the Tork Tech kit, which will be significantly cheaper.

Bottom line is there's cheaper supercharger configurations out there, particularly centrifugal. There's a sticky thread on piecing together a used kit.

There's lot's I'm leaving out, but believe me, I've done the research. I'm more than happy to help though.

·
Registered
739 Posts
not worth it your looking at 3000 to 4000 in parts and mst parts are hard to find and will take you alot of time you will most likely give up

i got a sweet deal on a vortech v1 off of ebay not even half the price of a eaton so yea

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright thanks it just seemed like a really good price for the setup so i figured why not ask about it i didnt realize how many extra mods this kit requires just because its for the cobra engine

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
He had a ton of issues with the customer service aspect of the whole thing with Tork Tech, he likes the end result, but he said he could have went with a Kenne Bell for what he has in the setup at this point.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
The other issue is that the heaton will cap out soon after cobra power and isn't as efficient as it could be.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
The other issue is that the heaton will cap out soon after cobra power and isn't as efficient as it could be.
That's the glorious thing with using it on a stock 2v though, you can't really make much more power over what a stock Cobra has or your motor will go KaaBoom

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
I really like the piggy back 8 rib setup tork tech has. Instead of buying a eaton I would pick up a used whipple instead and use the tork tech tuner kit for the m112

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
That's the glorious thing with using it on a stock 2v though, you can't really make much more power over what a stock Cobra has or your motor will go KaaBoom
I always laugh when people say "An Eaton doesn't make enough power!" It makes more than enough power to blow your stock block. Maybe if you've got forged internals it's a little weak, but until then it's plenty. Personally I'm shooting for 550rwhp on a pullied/ported/cammed Cobra setup with an M112. If you get your engine anywhere near that it is enginefuckingkaboom time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts