Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a slightly used vortech v2 kit for $1200 shipped. Problem is that it's on a 98 gt and I have an 04 gt. what is the difference between that kit and the kit id buy specifically for my car?

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was one used on here or another forum for like $75. I'd just need injectors, maf and fuel pump. Another thing is that the kit for the 98-99, it said it increases hp by 75 but on mine, it increases by 125ish. Why the difference?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Only difference will be the mounting bracket. Blower and all will work the same

·
4POINT6
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay so definitely considering it. Anyone know what a 04 gt with that setup will make after tune?

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Okay so definitely considering it. Anyone know what a 04 gt with that setup will make after tune?
That can vary from car to car and depen on what has been done to your car already and the condition of your car. With the kit I purchased a V1 S trim my baseline dyno was 233 rwhp 266 rwtq. That was with an auto, catted midpipe, canned tune, weld in mufflers, and cai. After the blower instal it put down 339 rwhp 359 rwtq @5psi. 106 rwhp increase and 93 ft lbs increase all on an entry level blower and a small list of supporting mods on my car prior to the install and after. So they are a great bang for the buck imo.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Yea I know Rick, he's a good guy. Does good work.

I went from 260rwhp to 380rwhp, then added a power pipe and more timing and to 415rwhp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts