Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im new to my 07 mustang gt and it has a Saleen supercharger. I got under the hood and measured a pulley that is about 4' 1/2 inches long, isn't this a little big? what is the stock size? also my engine bay remains hot after a drive of 7-12 mins for 3-4 hours after the drive. like the entire engine may is hot is this normal or is there not enough air circulation under the stock hood?

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
there are many pullies on the engine. did you measure the sc'er pulley and i'm guessing you mean diameter of the pulley. maybe a picture of which one you measured. can't remember what the base saleen sc'er kit comes with, but that's probably about right. if you want a bit more power you can always change pullies, but i personally don't know enough about the saleen sc'er to advise you on which pulley to go with. the smaller the sc'er pulley the faster the sc'er is turning therefore the more boost you are making.

pretty normal for an engine to take a while to cool off. even a short 10 min drive your car will be at normal operating temperature. depending on the outside temps you car will take more or less time to cool off after a drive. i wouldn't be concerned with the time it takes.

oh and of course
:pics

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
A heat extractor hood would help.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Stock pulley is a 4.0, and that's 4lbs of boost I believe. You can always drop down a size or 2.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
thanks for the info seabee.

that said i would do some research if you're wanting more power out of it. don't want to put a pulley that's to small for your engines capabilities. your stock internals will hold around 500rwhp +/- depending on how good the tune is.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Yes. If you go to JDM Engineering or call them, they will hook you up. They deal with anything saleen all the time. I got my pulley and belt from them. Jim jr will help you out with anything. Im at a 3.4 and about to drop down to a 3.2 when I get some more money. I wouldnt go too much lower than that tho on stock everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts