Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so the vortech kit supposedly comes with a "ecm" or some kind of chip....i found a good deal on a complete vortech kit but it says nothing about the "chip". is it necessary? i mean the prochargers don't come with one right?

just wondering if i need to make sure it has this or if its not needed or what

maybe someone with a vortech can answer this

·
Registered
374 Posts
so the vortech kit supposedly comes with a "ecm" or some kind of chip....i found a good deal on a complete vortech kit but it says nothing about the "chip". is it necessary? i mean the prochargers don't come with one right?

ok a kit should come with a hand held tuner or a tune for your current one, with out it the new maf will make it go into limp mode, or in other words it will just try to shut it self off like hell the more you drive it, plus you dont want to run boost on a stock tune thats a super bad idea im sure you know. If its used and theres no tune for you alot of companies will email you a tune to get you to a dyno and test it. modular powerhouse is the only one i have experience with, with my blower. Ofcourse a tune cost you money no matter what.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so what your saying is no ecm mod required?

just get the kit and have it tuned? of course i was gonna have it tuned regardless. dunno if it comes with a new maf. didn't think they did. not a big deal. they aren't too expensive so not worried bout that. so as long as i have a tune i don't need this so called chip or whatever?

·
Registered
374 Posts
so what your saying is no ecm mod required?

just get the kit and have it tuned? of course i was gonna have it tuned regardless. dunno if it comes with a new maf. didn't think they did. not a big deal. they aren't too expensive so not worried bout that. so as long as i have a tune i don't need this so called chip or whatever?
hell no you dont even if you get one dont use it makes no sense! yeah most of'm come with a 90mm maf if not good investment!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome good to hear. wasn't sure cuz on americanmuscle.com it says the vortech comes with a ecm/chip thing or something.

·
Registered
374 Posts
awesome good to hear. wasn't sure cuz on americanmuscle.com it says the vortech comes with a ecm/chip thing or something.
pretty sure they mean a tune hey theres is a little more pricey go to modular power house full kit injectors, 255 pump hand held tuner with tune and stuff vortech s or sq v-2 $4.100 get there number and order theres that money can be better spent! Not advertising just think americanmuscles blowers are over priced.

·
Registered
828 Posts
summit had a vortech kit with everything needed for $3k. Id go there first

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts

At least part of your information is wrong. At the time I bought my ProCharger kit it came with a Diablosport chip. It's a plug in mod to the ECM. That is what the tuners use to tune the ECM. Different tuners use different software so I'm now running an SCT 4 chip. Hand held tuners can be used instead but a "chip" or a handheld tuner is required is you are installing a supercharger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts