Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
i would say not...svt focus pumps are extremely cheap anyway and easy to install, it took me about 30 mins and it was my first time

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
No

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
just put a 255lph in tank pump so you you dont have to worry about it,they are only $90-$150 depending on which brand you buy.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
just put a 255lph in tank pump so you you dont have to worry about it,they are only $90-$150 depending on which brand you buy.
It depends how what car he has and if its a returnless or return style fuel system.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
well this is the 99-04 section, which will make it a returnless style. why do something that needs supporting mods and not do them?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Are you buying a used Procharger? Procharger supplies a 255 lph fuel pump in their kit.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Id go with the 300lph SVT Focus pump just to be safe, its only about $100

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I had a walbro 255 that come with the procharger and vortech kits fail on me when I first got my sc 4 years ago. Great for return style systems but problematic in the 99+ A Svt focus pump is only about 185lph at 60 psi. The Aviator which I had after the walbro likes to pop off at high fuel pressure levels, and likes a lot of volts. The Ford GT pump is great but needs some wiring mods, it's not exactly plug and play.

Most lph ratings for fuel pumps are at 40psi. Which is not near as much as is needed for a boosted returnles EFI setup.

Right now I run the 03 Cobra tank, and pumps with a 40amp BAP.

This an interesting thread on the subject.
Kenne Bell Cobra, Focus, Walbro Pump Test Results, and More on Injectors vs HP - ModularFords.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts