Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an inter-cooled pro-charger setup for my 2000 GT. The kit has a chip. My question is I'm changing my gears soon also. I have a Diablo tuner will this tuner change the gear ratio in the computer with the other chip? Also This kit was in a friends car I have the anti theft on my car, can you just swap the chip without a problem? This setup was on a 2001 gt same setup as mine. Is it safe to assume if it was properly tuned for his car it will be for mine? I'm sorry for all the questions but I'm new to forced induction and don't want to fack my car up.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
You dont want a programmer tune and a chip in it. Id get it dyno tuned for the best results, they can also fix the gear ratio with the chip when they tune it. Not every car is reacts the same, Id get a tune to be sure you have the best reliablity and performance from it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You dont want a programmer tune and a chip in it. Id get it dyno tuned for the best results, they can also fix the gear ratio with the chip when they tune it. Not every car is reacts the same, Id get a tune to be sure you have the best reliablity and performance from it.
+1

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
youll easily see 25-50 more whp with a dyno tune, depending on other mods you may get more. The added bonus is, as long as its a good shop, the motor will last forever.

·
Registered
682 Posts
My P1SC (3 row cooler) came with a 2 stage chip from ATI and I had the chip reflashed when I took it to be dyno tuned. My tuner was also capable of correcting the speedo for the gears at the same time. Just an FYI, but my car ran like **** with the supplied ATI 2 stage chip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. What I'd like to know, is it safe to use the chip in my car til I can afford to get it dyno tuned? I just got the car spent 1100 on exhaust, 600 on wheel, new tires, and so one. I can't afford a dyno tune right now.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
It will run, but I would not really get into it untill it has its own tune

·
Registered
682 Posts
Get it dynoed! Better to be safe than sorry. Skipping over this could lead to an expensive lesson.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Thanks for the info. What I'd like to know, is it safe to use the chip in my car til I can afford to get it dyno tuned? I just got the car spent 1100 on exhaust, 600 on wheel, new tires, and so one. I can't afford a dyno tune right now.
No dyno tune could cost you a new motor!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts