Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Pardon me but i'm not that "Pro" when it comes to Superchargers, I know the process of which they work on. but thats from reading about it on the Net.

So if you could clarify some points I would appreciate it.

1. Does the Supercharger require oil change, or does it not require such things ?

2. Does it require filter changing, as it needs to pump as much "Clean Air" into the engine and as fast as possible ?

3. What other issues should i be ready for other than dust and such on the Air Filer intake ?

4. last but not least. That "Whining" sound the Supercharger makes. is normal i assume. but what about on really high RPM's will that affect it. speaking of course bellow the "Red RPM's". or is that normal as this is it's job and will not affect it ?

Many thanks for your time.

Kind regards,
Forked Tongue.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
Ok supercharger oil is either a self contained unit or an oil feed. in an oil feed system your normal oil changes will do. in a self contained system they have there own oil but i believe it only needs to be changed every 30k miles.

The air filter will be a normal maintenence thing there is no additional filter for a super or turbo charger.

none that i can think of.

the whine should increase with rpms and its normal. aftermarket blower are usually much louder than stock blowers

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I have a self-contained ProCharger. They recommend changing oil every 6,000. It takes a special oil sold by ProCharger. Like Smoothgrandma said, the air filter is normal maintenance. Mine came with a K&N filter. The whine is pretty much only audible at idle. After that the roar of the exhaust drowns it out.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok supercharger oil is either a self contained unit or an oil feed. in an oil feed system your normal oil changes will do. in a self contained system they have there own oil but i believe it only needs to be changed every 30k miles.
Ok then i don't want to gamble on that, ill just take it to the dealer. because iam not paying all of that cash and then blow up my supercharger for being lazy lol

The air filter will be a normal maintenence thing there is no additional filter for a super or turbo charger.
Good to know :D

none that i can think of.
Allrighty seems straight forward.

the whine should increase with rpms and its normal. aftermarket blower are usually much louder than stock blowers

Well it is a new car, so i'm guessing ill have to play some really loud music lol

Thanks "Smoothgrandmama" for the reply

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a self-contained ProCharger. They recommend changing oil every 6,000. It takes a special oil sold by ProCharger. Like Smoothgrandma said, the air filter is normal maintenance. Mine came with a K&N filter. The whine is pretty much only audible at idle. After that the roar of the exhaust drowns it out.
Yup, then just like i mentioned. i'm not gonna gamble on that bit if it is that critical because i don't think those workshops who change car oil will understand how to change such special oil for a Mustang Gt500. they are only used to normal cars like Crown Victoria's and Caprice and such.

Better to be good friends with the local ford dealer then lol

Thanks "Eagle2000GT" for the reply

1 - 6 of 6 Posts