Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
I've been reading this thread since it started and it has me excited to get my supercharging on! I do have a few questions and I hope you guys can help. First question is does a powerpipe replace a air intake kit? I don't want to buy both if i do not need to. I also didn't see a blow off valve or bypass valve, (hope one of those is right) listed in that thread. Are they necessary and if so what do you recommend. Lastly, for now, what inter-cooler do you guys recommend? Thank you for any help you can offer.
yes a powerpipe replaces the stock air intake setup. most kits come with a bypass valve (vented back into the intake tube) unless your piecing one together then you will have to buy one unless you get some deal where it comes with something you buy. you will need a bov/ bypass valve with a centri or turbo to avoid compressor surge. cx racing makes good affordable intercoolers theres lots of guys in here running them and the procharger 2 or 3 core intercooler is good also but is a little more expensive

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thank you for your reply. Just to be completely clear, so I can move on to another question....in this thread $1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done" - MustangForums.com the OP lists several components...one of them being the "Air Intake Assembly". Whats parts of that will I still need or better yet, what part exactly does the power pipe replace? As far as intercoolers go what are some of the ones you guys are running or I have seen you can order them with certain dimensions. What dimensions are you guys running so they fit in our cars? Thank you for any help guys.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
Around how many horsepower would be made with a Vortech at around 22 pounds? Just in general, not exact or anything...

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
WHICH vortech?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hey Baker since your on this thread, with that setup mentioned above is another fuel pump necessary or will a BAP work? I'm confused on what a BAP actually does as well?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
fuel pumps essentially are electric motors. BAPs are essentially amplifiers. they actually look like mini audio amplifiers. they just amplify the current going to the fuel pump to get them to spin faster. and oddly enough they rarely burn out fuel pumps.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
ok cool, Im just wondering cause the shop im going to does both pro and vortech.
I may just get a procharger system used instead of vortech. Either kit I like, since I only drive my mustang on the weekend since I drive far for work ill just get the procharger.
If not ill get a vortech and switch things around lol.
Procharger fan here... never was a fan of Vortech saying "intercoolers" don't work, then they come out with their "aftercooler".

I've been reading this thread since it started and it has me excited to get my supercharging on! I do have a few questions and I hope you guys can help. First question is does a powerpipe replace a air intake kit? I don't want to buy both if i do not need to. I also didn't see a blow off valve or bypass valve, (hope one of those is right) listed in that thread. Are they necessary and if so what do you recommend. Lastly, for now, what inter-cooler do you guys recommend? Thank you for any help you can offer.
The power pipe replaces the air inlet to the supercharger.. and yes they do work.

If you want the supercharger to live and be less wear and tear on it at all, you will need a BOV or Bypass valve.

Intercooler... personal preference. You can setup a Vortech to work with an Air to Air, or buy their Aftercooler. Or buy a Procharger kit and they come with them.

·
Registered
1 Posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow,..the kit I'm lookin at cost $3650!! Looks like it's more cost efficient to piece one together? Did most of you guys go that route?

With 80k miles, can my engine handle boost without any problems down the road? I've heard to do some internal work before adding blower or there will be problems later?

Dyno tune afterwards? Will my handheld be ok?

I really want to get this right the first time! What do you guys think?

If you are going to add the procharger then be very careful. I have a procharged 2v with no internals, only injectors and coil packs. The one massive thing is that the stock gt connecting rods can only hold about 410whp so i limited my car to 394whp on a dyno and im barely having and issues. Also my car has 105,000 miles

21 - 29 of 29 Posts