Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a supercharger eventually when i save the money to do so...But i was wondering if there are steps that should be taken before supercharging...Any mods to be done to be safely supercharged? (suspension, engine work, etc..) or is everything okay to be stock before supercharging?

Also, for the whole entire job to be done right..what would you guys estimate the final cost to being?? thanks alot guys

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
you can just go straight to the sc'er. this said however you will be much better off if you at least get the basics for suspension. also LT's are a very good idea so you can get all the extra air out. tires so you can actually get a bit of traction and not wreck your car. again non of these are required for the sc'er.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nope all you gotta do is get the Super Charger. It should at least come with bigger injectors and you will need a tune. Most kits I have seen (Whipple & Roush for sure) come with this. Roush has a step were you send in your ECU to them to have it flashed. Also I have the stock 235 tire on my car but loose a lot of traction. If you have the money go with a wider tire that will fit your rim size and some supension mods.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Oh as far as price it varies. Take it to some one you trust and have it done right! A super charger runs about $4999-$6000 on avarage. As far as an install it can range for $500-$800 bucks or about 6-8hrs labor cost. Keep in mind these are just estemates and can go up or down in cost due to were you live and if you have a local shop do it or a dealer.

·
10,234 Posts
one thing is you want to get a dyno tune. most of the box tunes that come with the kits are crap as some will tell you

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
i just paid 1800 for long tube install, vortec install, cmdp install, cam install, vortec install, 3 gauges drilled dash mounted and hooked up, fuel pressure gauge adaptor, spark plugs and dyno tune.
shop around. find a garage that looks beat up on some side road who isnt gonna charge you to pay his pretty building loan. i made that mistake once get a couple estimates and have them try to out bid each other. with this economy they should be begging for work

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
lmao, steep??? the closet price to that was in PA @ 1400 without the cam install, plugs, or pressure adaptor. not to mention the time the guy took to run braided cable on all my hoses.

the closest price in VA where i live was 3400, and it went all the way up to 5500. it all depends on where people live and the cost of living. i gurantee where i live in VA we pay higher prices on almost everything

·
Registered
185 Posts
+1 on the shop tune! My SCT box tune ran lean and had issues. I went to the SCT web site and found an SCT dealer and took my car there and runs 100% better! Also before you just go to any shop I would recommend looking them up on the better buisness burrow site and see if they are certified on dyno tunning.

·
10,234 Posts
lmao, steep??? the closet price to that was in PA @ 1400 without the cam install, plugs, or pressure adaptor. not to mention the time the guy took to run braided cable on all my hoses.

the closest price in VA where i live was 3400, and it went all the way up to 5500. it all depends on where people live and the cost of living. i gurantee where i live in VA we pay higher prices on almost everything
now that definitely explains it. i have a friend that lives in alexandria and she says it's absolutely rediculous for anything and everything

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
sir, you have no idea. its ridiculous. i paid 3400 for shaker, flowmaster mufflers, TB, CAI, installation and dyno when i didnt know any better.

i thought about waiting to have everything installed once i got to oklahoma. but 1. i couldnt wait and 2. this guy has a really good reputation and he didnt my gears when i was home on leave from afghansitan this past summer

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
my wife and i have orders for there. me to fort sill and her to altus air force base

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Thats the only reason my car isnt s/c yet... because i am in europe and i just got back from afghanland, heading to kansas next month! the mustang tears the autobahn up! i just need a few peeps to help me install the s/c when i get there!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would build it from the ground up. You already have descent power, get the suspension done control the beast. After, it is up to you. IMO

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Or you could install it yourself. And take a week off of work... then trailer to a dyno shop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts