Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok in a couple months i plan on getting my first supercharger. I have been looking at getting a used Procharger Stage 2 P-1SC. So I have a few questions before I dive into this.

1) When buying a used supercharger what are some questions that i should ask the seller to make sure I'm not getting crap? I plan on looking on the classified ads on here, svt performance, and corall.

2) If I find a used non-stage 2 (10-12 psi), and just a P-1SC (8 psi), could i just replace the 2 core intercooler with a 3 core intercooler to run 10-12 psi?

3) The stage two says 10-12 psi, is that how it comes stock? It also says 344-387 total hp after bolt on. I'm trying to keep it on the safe side because my internals are not forged and shoot for 375-390 hp. What exactly will I need to do to reach my goal with it? I already have several mods. My car is non pi.

4) What are some things I should do to my engine before I install to keep my car cool and safe? Also what size throttle body would go good with it?

5) I currently have 4.10s. I know this needs to be lowered. What is a recommended gear ratio?

Thanks!

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
1. No way to guarrantee you won't get a pos when you buy used. Some people like to pawn their problems off onto someone else. Get the serial number from the owner and call procharger to get more info on the unit.
2. Yes, you can upgrade the intercooler and put the smaller pulley on.
3. yes, that's how it comes stock. 10 psi will get you where you want to be with a good tune.
4. change your plugs to some copper autolites gapped at .035, put a good set of wires on it, replace your stock radiator at that mileage it's probably not up to it's original efficiency.
5. 4.10s are fine, see how it works with them before you take someone else's word for it. They might be wanting something you don't.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just worried about spinning off the line. I already spin like crazy as it is. I do plan on getting some drag radials though.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Mickey Thomson or Hoosier radials should work OK with the right suspension pieces and plenty of time to fine tune it all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will lowering my gear ratio help with the spin?

Also what size throttle body would i benefit from?

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Once I put on my swarr bar I got alot better traction on launch as well as straight line acceleration. Some people talk trash about them and say they are unneccesary but it damn sure worked for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once I put on my swarr bar I got alot better traction on launch as well as straight line acceleration. Some people talk trash about them and say they are unneccesary but it damn sure worked for me.
How much does it go for? if not too pricey i think anything is worth a shot :dunno

1 - 10 of 10 Posts