Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have seen this question asked some where before but can not find it anywhere, so here goes. It there any other supercharger that will fit a powerdyne BD 10/11a bracket. I just purchased a 90 notch with a powerdyne unit on it. The powerdyne is the weak link in the chain at this point and needs to be replaced. The powerdyne works fine and makes 7psi and the car runs like a stripe a$$ed ape, but the engine in the car can handle more boost and all the powerdyne horror stories worry me to death. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
573 Posts
if your thinking about buying a new supercharger why would you go cheap on a supercharger bracket? lol, guess it could be why you own a powerdyne

order the whole kit for your car and dont try to put random parts together

·
Registered
241 Posts
actually if you read it again he JUST bought the car. So while he may own one, he did not purchase. So your answer should have been "I don't know." Or perhaps no answer at all.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
wish I could say yet because it's a good idea but I don't think they (the blower companies) would make it that easy for you to inter mix there ****. I'd also have no faith in anything to do with powerdyne so I wouldn't want to reuse any of there **** with my nice new $900 vortech or paxton head unit only to have failure or crackage.

I would suggest taking pictures of the blower setup on your car.. uninstall and take more pictures of it then post it for sale on craigslist and corral.net. Couple that money with afew hundred more and purchase a nice complete with extras used s trim kit or novi 2k and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lind,the opinion of a 19 year old kid doesnt hold much weight, so if you dont have something to type worth reading please keep your opinions to your self. Kids like you need to learn to show others a little respect, maybe you should Google " respect for others" and put it to good use. I was looking for info in regards to something I read years ago (when you were probably still in grade school )about vortech having a unit that would fit the bracket. I remember a time when the forums were a good place to obtain facts, now every kid with a computer and mustang is a know it all with an opinion about something they know nothing about. I am looking for replies from people with knowledge not childish opinions to trying to make themselves look cool while trying to degrade someone they know nothing about. Back to my 1st to my post.... If the brackets were the same why buy a kit?

·
Registered
121 Posts
+1... And i do understand where your coming from. Why pay more money for something you already have if it works? But i do agree with ryan on this one. I dont think the other companies would want there parts to interchange. The best think to do would be probably contact vortech or paxton and ask them. And nice choice on the new ride, you gotta love the notch. Or at least i do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found the info I was looking for else where. I am going to buy a new kit, not sure what yet though. It a toss up between Vortech and Kenne Bell.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dude...kenne bell all the way. I wouldnt even have to think about that one. But dont get me wrong, vortechs arent bad at all.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I agree kenne bells are nice pieces in general, but I have heard some bad things about the kenne bell kits for the fox. I know some guys have/had kenne bell's on their foxes here, maybe they will chime in. Id go with a centrifugal like a vortech or procharger.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
it depends on what your goal is for the car/charger setup

the 2.1 and 2.1 blowzillas are nice for a street car or someone that wants all the power down low where it's going to help make your car that already has traction issues even more useless. do your research because the older 1.5 and 1.7 kits had an issue wehre they would heat up the inlet air allot killling off allot of power so they didn't produce as good as a result as the newer 2.1's.

vortech's a good company, i've owned an s trim and an a trim and never had a problem. easy to install and i'd put money on you being able to make much more power on the same motor with an s trim over a kb but again it depends on where you want the power band and what the combo is.

·
Registered
573 Posts
you can think what you would like, i own a and have installed a few s trims and know alot about them, i was giving you a answer to a question you asked, however you made a nice choice in picking up a vortech gl

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No problem Lind! I am looking forward to doing the swap. I will more than likely wait till the snow flies to do it. I havent driven the 90 lx 30 miles since I got it, and would like to get some time behind the wheel. I am getting my 94 GT back together so my oldest son can drive it a while before he goes to college next fall. I dont want them both apart at the same time, that would suck.

·
Registered
314 Posts
ha for the love of god get a 2.1 liter kenne bell and giz everytime u gun it :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts