Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see people using blower in the same sentence as super, and turbo, is this a sererate kind of poweradder or am i getting confused again..

·
Registered
253 Posts
i believe its another term for a supercharger, but Ive had friends argue it with me... I really dont care.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh....anyone else?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
blower/huffer it all means supercharger

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
a blower is a supercharger before cars switched to EFI with a carburettor the air intake was the s/c it is like the ones you see on drag cars with a big scoop or three butterflys, it is now used mainly for any roots style s/c

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
Supercharger and blower are the same thing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
? now im confused too. ive seen ppl refer to a blower as both a s/c and turbo just another word for forced induction.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nothing to be confused about here guys. A turbo works on your exhaust and is more efficient etc etc. Doesnt take power to make power blah blah blah. Blower/supercharger blah blah blah both names for the same thing force air into the upper intake running off the belt system itself taking power to make power. Some people..are stupid. excuse the blahs..been drinking....just ate some cereal...and missed a few times...:p

·
Registered
458 Posts
Now please explain the difference between roots and twin-screw and other types of superchargers. DO IT IN ALL CAPS AND ITALICIZED!! NOW!!! I COMMAND IT.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
root and screw are just the way that the two metal devices with in a Positive displacement supercharger look and work... they just look and work a little differently look on kennebell and whipple industries for pictures and explanations...

one uses screw the other roots... ill leave it up to you to discover which one ;)

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
blower is a twinscrew s/c
centrifugal is another type of s/c
then turbo is another power added that is exhaust gas-driven

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
a blower is a supercharger before cars switched to EFI with a carburettor the air intake was the s/c it is like the ones you see on drag cars with a big scoop or three butterflys, it is now used mainly for any roots style s/c
S/C

hey green i like the new sig. looks good

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
root and screw are just the way that the two metal devices with in a Positive displacement supercharger look and work... they just look and work a little differently look on kennebell and whipple industries for pictures and explanations...

one uses screw the other roots... ill leave it up to you to discover which one ;)
Kenne Bells and Whipples are both twin screws. A better comparison is an Eaton and Kenne Bell.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts