Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking maybe to supercharge, with a m90 lol!
i know i know i know they are crap, but what im looking for is getting to 300 rwhp at least. can somebody give me some help on the m90, not just tell me it is crap and go procharger, will the 3.8 m90 fit up, is there any kits that help hook up the 3.8 m90? or do i strictly have to buy a saleen or roush m90?

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
M90's are stock on Cobra's right? I get the model numbers confused.

And yea go to Torch Tech.com, they make a kit to use the M90 on a GT Engine.

And personally, I dont think the M90's are bad. I see people with 03/04 Cobras, ported and pullied Eatons and they hit 500+rwhp

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
i thought the cobras had M-112's in them. an m90 might not be big enough for your engine. it would be cool to see what u could do with it though.. yeah i know you said not to but i'm gonna say it anyway. procharger!! ahhaha

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
m90 is from the 3.8, m112 is from the cobra. As far as I know there are no kits for the 4.6 to mount a m90. Tork tech makes a kit for the m112 though. Not something id invest in but each to their own.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the m90 is on the new roush, and it was on the saleen also, it is not the cobra m112
the m90 is also found on supercoupes and those Pontiac gtps

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah I thought the new edge roush had the M90's on them....and yes the cobra's had the M112.

Man 2k for a torq tech kit and 300 for the blower. ANd its not even intercooled. I wish you would look into a intercooler centri blower!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@scott
what about the torq tech kit? link! :p
im not looking for crazy power, just looking for 300-380 to the wheels.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, im also looking into a nitrous kit from the classifieds here, looking for 300 to 380 to the wheels without breaking the bank, anything in that range would be great (note the wtb in my sig) i would love to get a good head unit and build a 1500 supercharger kit
Reasons for the nitrous is power on demand, cheap lol

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
@scott
what about the torq tech kit? link! :p
im not looking for crazy power, just looking for 300-380 to the wheels.
Well the M90 may only need the Roush intake manifold but the M112 needs the Torq Tech kit.

Someone please correct if I am worng

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ahhh i see, well the reason im wondering about m90
is cuz i foudn an mp90 4th gen (new $289) which is what was in the roush stage 3, so was wondering how hard it would be to hook it up to my car,
id assume id need a roush stage 3 manifold and air intake, throttle body and fuel system.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i am not 100% sure so I wont answer that...I would THINK you need a roush manifold and yes a fuel system upgrade.

Look into a centri man with an intercooler. Thoughs Eaton run so hot and heat kills power!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah im looking for a vortech s, sq, or t trim head unit. but haven't had any luck finding one, found full kits, but can build it for much cheaper.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah man. Intercooler with a supercharger is one of the best things you can do. Go to Prochargers website and look at the intercooler test and intake temps!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts