Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Depends what kits you go with, a typical 8psi kit will put you around 350hp. If your only gettin 290hp with boost you wasted your time.

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
do a search, these threads come up all the time. so do threads about what all is needed for a supercharger (including fuel and spark) so read up on those before you start a thread too.

A standard supercharger setup will get you between 350 and 380 depending on your tune and transmission (auto will obviously be lower RWHP).

Decide between positive displacement and cetri chargers too. I'd go with Kenne Bell for PD or Procharger for centri.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah what he said ^

Kenne Bell, Procharger, Vortech, Paxton

I would ONLY go with a intercooled kit. with 8 to 10psi I thimnk you could see 370rwhp to 405rwph depending on tune, transmission, and air temp.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah being in texas, an intercooler is a good option to go with. Just do some reading man.

Im also down for procharger or Kenne Bell.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
I got a p1sc headunit ill sell. PM me if interested. Never had one single issue with it.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
what bracket you got cook? bandit has one for a 99/00 car for sale.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,541 Posts
The biggest problem with our motors is the 3.55" bore which limits the size our valves. A supercharger is the most economical way to make horsepower on our little 281 motors. They force our motors to breath.

With 8 psi on a completely stock motor you should get approximately 350 rwhp. That's about 400 hp at the crank or a 54% increase in horsepower from the stock 260 rating. 8 psi is the highest recommended without an intercooler. A supercharger heats up the air. Hot air is prone to detonation (basically the cylinder fires before it should). This causes damaged rods and pistons because it is possible for two cylinders to fire at the same time. Tuners retard timing to prevent detonation. If you get an intercooler you can safely run 10 psi. Most tuners recommend not going above 370-380 rwhp if your car is a daily driver. If you have supporting mods like headers, cams, etc. you can get away with a little more. You have to remember: the more you push the stock internals the greater the risk.

I've read of guys running 425 rwhp for a couple of years. I've also read posts from guys who pushed to 425 rwhp and 9 months later they were replacing their motor.

My recommendation of supercharger type depends on what you do with your car. Is your car a daily driver? Do you drive in bad weather? Do you drive in snow? Do other people drive your car? The answer to the above questions for me was yes. That is why I picked a centrifical supercharger (ProCharger) over a twin-screw (Kenne Bell). It is easier to stay out of the boost with a centrifical supercharger. Below 2500 rpm it pretty much drives like a stock Mustang. That means my wife can drive it to the grocery store in the rain without any problems. Yet, when I want it to preform it does. You have to remember that people don't race below 2500 rpms.

Reactions: Ke^in

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
naw, the 99/00 use the same bracket. I had to have the 99/00 and mine is a 2000. other bracket is 01-04

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
That's what I thought because of the whole windsor/romeo change but the install manual lumps 00-04 together and has 99 separate. Not sure what's up with that...

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
yeah cook ive seen that for a few different things too. Always group 00-04 when it should be 01-04. Dunno. I guess it comes down to what month the car was made rather than year. :dunno

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.