·
Registered
87 Posts
Been staring at that all night

·
Registered
327 Posts
sweet deal, i'm saving up for one.

what are your mods? what do you hope to make HP wise?

Good luck and congrats!

·
taylor21pierce snapchat
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As of right now I have detroit rocker cams(brenspeed N/A)pacesetter long tubes and jlt CAI and tune from brenspeed. Im not so much worried about the hp numbers i just want to run an 11.99 1/4 thats my end goal. but I am hoping for anywhere between 470-490rwhp

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Do you have any suspension done yet? I started at 450 rwhp with my first build and I wasn't able to crack the 11's till I got control arms and slicks... and a lot of practice.. but then again I am a little heavier due to the vert... looks like a good deal and those guys are straight shooters... I can tell you from personal experience that there is a good chance that more mods/power will be desired sooner than you think..

·
taylor21pierce snapchat
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im lowered 1.5 inches. I do need to do some suspension and tires but im going to run it when I get the vortech on and go from there.

right now my mods are

detroit rocker n/a cams
pacesetter lts no cats
o/r h pipe american thunder mufflers
jlt cai
brenspeed 91 tune
stage spec 3 clutch

soon to be on vortech v3

·
Registered
327 Posts
yeah with drag radials you'll get in the 11s with that HP if you grip. You'll probably experience some wheel hop until you do some suspension mods.

That is actually my next big purchase and near term goal = 475rwhp.

Oh and remember 475rwhp is the "safe" zone for stock block internals (many opinions vary but that seems to be the magic number).

·
taylor21pierce snapchat
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Iv heard that hp isent the number to look at regarding the limit on the internals but that its the torque. I believe it was said that 450rwt was the limit. Whats your guys opinons regarding that?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I twisted my input shaft at 450hp/485tq... slicks/twin disc/4500 rpm launches

·
taylor21pierce snapchat
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
whats the rating the stock drive shaft can handle? at 450hp what were your 1/4 times?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I ran it the whole time I raced it.. so I would say 550/610... it is still under there and all stock...the track I raced at never checked for loops.. best times at 450 were 11.9x at 119mph-ish

·
taylor21pierce snapchat
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
blackwidowstang how do you like the vortech and what all do you have done to your stang? Do you have any track times?

·
Registered
224 Posts
whats the rating the stock drive shaft can handle? at 450hp what were your 1/4 times?

The stock DS can handle 700+rwhp and slicks as long as you don't do any 6000rpm clutch dumps. Like everything else, some have broken at lower rwhp. I'd say the your input shaft and rear will break before the DS. I'm still using the stock DS but a hardened 26-spline transmission

It took me a while to figure out how to launch my car when I installed the blower, but after I got it, I was able to run a11.8xx's at 120mph on DR's with 480rwhp with 4500rpm launches and 6500shifts.

More aggressive launching and 7000+rpm shifts netted me sub-11.4's on the stock bottom end.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts